• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

100.7 WRDU CLASSIC ROCK promoted a firearm range course

solus

Well will wonders never cease, heard this WRDU broadcast an advert this morn for citizens to participate in a “gun fitting” class before you purchase your firearm...

Quote:
Most people who purchase their first firearm end up replacing it because it does not meet their needs. This is because they did not know what to look for in their first firearm. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from trained professionals in the firearms industry.

This course is intended to educate first-time firearm buyers on how to select and purchase the best firearm for them. Topics will include types of firearms, defining your firearm’s purpose, and firearm storage. This course will also cover the requirements, permits, and process of purchasing your first firearm.

Already have a firearm? This course assists those who have purchased a firearm, but it does not fit their needs or is looking for more information on how to choose the best firearm for them. unquote.

Now Capital broadcast assures there are three, or more, firearm news blurps EVERY broadcast which show a recent shooting or if it was quiet in the area, one which happened in the past!

Quite surprised unless capital has a $$$$ interest in the establishment advertising.

solus

ah the holiday season is upon us and once again the radio station is hosting gun adverts from the shooting range on the courses and firearms available for use and sale...

good to see the station's scruples can be bought for the right amount of $$$

jcarte29

Well will wonders never cease, heard this WRDU broadcast an advert this morn for citizens to participate in a “gun fitting” class before you purchase your firearm...

Quote:
Most people who purchase their first firearm end up replacing it because it does not meet their needs. This is because they did not know what to look for in their first firearm. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from trained professionals in the firearms industry.

This course is intended to educate first-time firearm buyers on how to select and purchase the best firearm for them. Topics will include types of firearms, defining your firearm’s purpose, and firearm storage. This course will also cover the requirements, permits, and process of purchasing your first firearm.

Already have a firearm? This course assists those who have purchased a firearm, but it does not fit their needs or is looking for more information on how to choose the best firearm for them. unquote.

Now Capital broadcast assures there are three, or more, firearm news blurps EVERY broadcast which show a recent shooting or if it was quiet in the area, one which happened in the past!

Quite surprised unless capital has a $$$$ interest in the establishment advertising.

Glad to hear it. I did that for myself before purchasing my first hand gun, and made sure it was the right fit and feel before making my purchase. I did that so I could use my own fire arm for my CCW class and range requirement, and now proudly have my permit to choose between OC and CC. I can't support a station enough that decides to inform the public in a well respected, and accurate way. Good for 100.7. I don't listen to a lot of over the air radio but I'll at least take a listen now.