• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10mm

WalkingWolf

As should every body who carries a defensive firearm.

A 80 year old granny managed 75% hits on a bad guy, guessing she did not have anywhere near the training of most LEO's. The problem is in their brain, and their trainers put that problem there. Do away with QI for both the officers, and their trainers and I bet they could shoot as good as a 80 year old granny.

Firearms Iinstuctor

A 80 year old granny managed 75% hits on a bad guy, guessing she did not have anywhere near the training of most LEO's. The problem is in their brain, and their trainers put that problem there. Do away with QI for both the officers, and their trainers and I bet they could shoot as good as a 80 year old granny.

But could she do under fire and under 15 seconds as the Garland, Texas, police officer who stopped a pair of gunmen outside that city's Curtis Culwell Center did.

Last edited:

solus

As usual YOU avoided the point. The cops have QI and thus reduced duty of care, collateral damage is just the cost of them doing business. Granny has no such advantage and still she took care of business.

thank you...

ipse

since9

Campaign Veteran
As usual YOU avoided the point. The cops have QI and thus reduced duty of care, collateral damage is just the cost of them doing business. Granny has no such advantage and still she took care of business.

Law enforcement should be held to at least the same standard i.e. "duty of care" if not a higher standard. After all, what's the point of even having law enforcement if they do more harm than good?

The Truth

Haven't posted in a while, so here's an update

Hey dudes! To give you guys an update on my obsession with 10mm, since I last posted in this thread I've acquired 2 more 10mm pistols and sold 2 of my non-10mm pistols. Sold my Sig 1911 460 Rowland earlier this year to fund another fun project, and just recently traded my P229 .40 plus cash for another item.

The two new ponies in the stable are a G30 that I've converted to 10mm (and soon to be 460 Rowland) and my new favorite piece, a Chesterfield Police issued Smith and Wesson 1076 which was shipped to Chesterfield Police in June of 1990.

Hope everyone is doing well and still shooting 10mm! Wish Don was here to see these pieces.

The Truth

Added a VSP issued 1076 this week, along with a 1971 VSP issued Model 36. I think I've got a problem...

solus

try adversion therapy...

go to the range taking all your 10 mm, surround yourself w/ unloaded 10mm on the shooting bench, load and fire one, repeating until you have fired all firearms you brought!

then start over untill you run out of ammo or enthusiasm.

now you are either too broke to get more firearms, ammo, or you truly addicted and you might as well quit worring about the problem. :lol:

Firearms Iinstuctor

I brought 6 or 7 new to me fire arms in the last year your point is. The latest a Savage 99 in 300 sav. the price was right and it was free market.

Last edited:

The Truth

AWESOME gun!

TFE4239 is an interesting serial # range. In my slightly educated opinion it's a police agency weapon, not Virginia State Police or Chesterfield. Could very well be FBI though.

I own TFE15xx and TFE06xx, the former being Chesterfield PD and the latter being VSP, however there are known FBI guns in the TFE- prefix range. I also know TFE0588 to be VSP as well. That gun is in Canada now though.

1200$ is a dead-on price for that gun. I want it. Wish there were pictures of the right side of the slide. I notice it has grooved front strap. That's the only thing that tells me it may not be FBI. Most were checkered. Both of mine however are grooved.

Last edited: