• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st open carry experience.

mazellan819

imported post

Today we decided to go up to Draper UT to do some shopping and visit our favorite Mexican restaurant (guatalahonkys sp?). After much convincing for my wife i decided it was time to get my feet wet with open carry. It started of going into Petco. I got a few glances but nothing was said. After that we ate dinner at the restaurant. No one said anything. I could see people who noticed but nobody called 911 saying man with gun. Before heading back to American Fork we walked through a furniture store. No swat yet. I think my wife was convinced we would be kicked out or arrested. I assured her we weren't breaking any laws. Before heading home we made one last stop at the AF walmart. I have read another's experience of being harassed by an asset protection person. I passed one while in the store. Not one thing was said. We walked around shopping for at least an hour. I figured i was sure to meet some resistance. But we didn't. As we left walmart i turned to my wife saying "no swat!".

As far as dress i was wearing blue jeans, OD green ARMY shirt and a cabelas ball cap complete with fish hook.

Just thought I would share my experience. On Monday I will be heading in to Costco. I seem to remember somone who works there wanting someone to head in there to see how his mgment reacts.

Maze

mazellan819

imported post

Yes it was very good. It also was very educational for my wife. Lets her know that its ok to do and not everyone will confront you for exercising your right.

Maze