• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A site I found - revealing

Badger Johnson

I don't know how I got this site to come up because I wasn't searching for it, but now I know I'm not a racist! It was an anti-African American site with the n-word in the title. I looked around and after reading the titles to some threads actually found myself, to my astonishment, feeling physically sick. It was weird, almost like car-sickness or nausea from being spun around in a swing.

Anyway, now I know what people mean when they say something made them feel sick. This was new to me (different than feeling grossed-out).

SFCRetired

Congratulations! You have just discovered what it means to fit the description of "civilized human being". People who fit that description become nauseated at any one of several types of bigotry.

In spite of being born and raised in an area known for racial bigotry, I was not allowed to entertain, even briefly, those "ideas". My father, may God rest his soul, would not permit it.

sudden valley gunner

Congratulations! You have just discovered what it means to fit the description of "civilized human being". People who fit that description become nauseated at any one of several types of bigotry.

In spite of being born and raised in an area known for racial bigotry, I was not allowed to entertain, even briefly, those "ideas". My father, may God rest his soul, would not permit it.

My mother was a verbally, emotionally and physically abusive person, but one thing she wasn't was a bigot. I grew up knowing there were no differences between people. I do thank her for that one thing and a few other things she did right in raising me.

What pissed me off though is they started teaching about MLK in first grade, I was raising my daughter and son to be ignorant of "race", and here the school start teaching them at a very young age. Not that the material was objectionable but to a group of kids in a school with kids from different backgrounds who had no problems playing together and knew no difference?

I remember asking my daughter who her favorite actor was her reply "that brown guy" in Men in Black.

Then we were driving with a friend who was an older black male and she starts telling him did you know "white" people weren't very nice to black people etc. (this is how I found out they were teaching MLK in first grade) without even realizing she was talking to a black person. We had a good laugh at that one.

DrakeZ07

Must have been 4chan. Lol. If not, then you have much to learn about the deepest, horrid places of the internet. Don't worry, after a while you tend to become numb to it all, and will lose that sick feeling~ <3

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

Must have been 4chan. Lol. If not, then you have much to learn about the deepest, horrid places of the internet. Don't worry, after a while you tend to become numb to it all, and will lose that sick feeling~ <3

No, I would never go to 4chan (those not in the know look it up on Urban Dictionary dot com).

It was a site with the 'N-word' in the title. I don't know what it was, and wouldn't post it if I did. I'm saddened to say there are probably a lot of them. It was a web forum using this exact software, also.

One of the most disheartening things was the message 'No need to pretend any longer...' It makes me think (duh) that there's a lot of lip service to not being a racist but not a lot of actual sentiment.

I take it by your comment that you've walked that path to the Dark Web. There are things which can't be 'unseen', I'm told and I don't want the nightmares.

Uber_Olafsun

Funny that was the first site that came to mind but it's my racist so to say just shock value minded. The have black vs whites vs Mexicans vs spiderman. Can't take anything there serious.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
I don't know how I got this site to come up because I wasn't searching for it, but now I know I'm not a racist! It was an anti-African American site with the n-word in the title. I looked around and after reading the titles to some threads actually found myself, to my astonishment, feeling physically sick. It was weird, almost like car-sickness or nausea from being spun around in a swing.

Anyway, now I know what people mean when they say something made them feel sick. This was new to me (different than feeling grossed-out).

I know exactly what sight you're talking about. I found it in the past few months as well, courtesy of my father providing me a source for racism in the USA. His point being that, while it is offensive, disgusting and disheartening, especially to us(I should probably add that I'm bi-racial, my father is black and mother white) it is still important that free speech be protected so long as it does not encourage crime. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and that road runs side by side with the road to tyranny. One can only hope that karma applies within single lifetimes and that Karma is relentlessly unforgiving.

William Fisher

My mother was a verbally, emotionally and physically abusive person, but one thing she wasn't was a bigot. I grew up knowing there were no differences between people. I do thank her for that one thing and a few other things she did right in raising me.

What pissed me off though is they started teaching about MLK in first grade, I was raising my daughter and son to be ignorant of "race", and here the school start teaching them at a very young age. Not that the material was objectionable but to a group of kids in a school with kids from different backgrounds who had no problems playing together and knew no difference?

I remember asking my daughter who her favorite actor was her reply "that brown guy" in Men in Black.

Then we were driving with a friend who was an older black male and she starts telling him did you know "white" people weren't very nice to black people etc. (this is how I found out they were teaching MLK in first grade) without even realizing she was talking to a black person. We had a good laugh at that one.

The last place I lived, I was talking to a black friend. We were discussing race. When children are little you can put group of different races together. They will eat off the same cany bar, lick the same sucker, drink out of the same bottle and play well with one another (THEY GET ALONG). Then as they begin to grow up, SOMEsupposed grown ups get to them and and destroy that (Poison them). People are all born human. Some learn to be inhumane. Racism is definitely taught.

From you post, it looks like you're raising somee good kids. THUMBS UP to ya.

Contrarian

--snip--

"I remember asking my daughter who her favorite actor was her reply "that brown guy" in Men in Black. "

New next-door neighbor learned her boy "Billy" was making friends in the area, and was pals with a black kid named Mike...
[kids are about 7-8 yr old]. She is asking him about this and said, "Is Mike black?" She is not a racist, just interested.

"Billy'' replied, "I don't know...I'll ask him."

Jack House

I hate things like "Black History Month," it segregates people, emphasizing differences needlessly and breeds animosity between races.

I have an idea, how about we all just forget colors and just focus on the fact that we're all human. Oh wait, that's bigotry. I've actually been accused of being a bigot because I've suggested dropping labels and just realizing that everyone is human. There is so much hypocrisy in the PC crowd. Take for example the gamer community. So often they will go up in arms if a female is referred to as a girl gamer because they are a gamer and should not be defined by their gender, yet defining a gamer by their sex by calling them a gaymer is acceptable and stating a distaste for such labels is bigotry? Mkay.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
When's white people month? If we're all equal, we should have a celebrated and designated month as well. I know, now I am a racist.

Redbaron007

Racism and Bigotry has been around since anyone can remember, i.e. since humans have been around.

Will it go away? Nope. It will be around until the world or humans disappear.

I say all this....it's how I deal with it and teach my children how to deal with it. It's up to each one of us on how to deal with it and teach our children how to deal with it.

I don't support or advocate one person is higher or lower because of their skin color or origin.

sidestreet

When's white people month? If we're all equal, we should have a celebrated and designated month as well. I know, now I am a racist.

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.