• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Warning i Recieved From Alabama Holsters

ArmedFatherOf2

Kids are putting Draino, tin foil, and a little water in soda bottles and capping it up - leaving it on lawns.
When you go to pick up the trash, and the bottle is shaken just a little - in about 30 seconds or less it builds up a gas and explodes with enough force to remove some of your extremities.
The liquid that comes out is boiling hot as well.

Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the mailbox or the gutter, etc. Pay attention to this.
A plastic bottle with a cap. A little Drano. A little water. A
small piece of foil. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!
No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc.

People are finding these "bombs" in mailboxes and in their yards, just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the trash. But, you'll never make it!!! It takes about 30 seconds to blow after you move the thing.

The video at SNOPES shows the Indiana State Police Bomb Squad detonating one --it's truly horrifying! ...... I checked "Truth or Fiction" and "they" agree this is TRUTH!!! So be warned and beware.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp

G.W.
Alabama Holster Company
Alabamaholster.com

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the warning. Kinda wierd coming from a holster company but good to know. I have not heard of this problem here in VA. However with the way the internet works I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it soon.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's happened in Virginia and all the other states. Lots of "how-to" and DIY videos on YouTube, including some idjits taking fingers and faces off themselves as they play around for the camera.

How sad it is that we are reduced to poking everything with a long stick or jiggling it with a length of rope before we dare clean up our property. While this is hooliganism rather than overt terrorism the law does not see any difference and they will prosecute the little miscreantsif they can get fingerprints or other evidence. Not that 10 years in the grey-bar hotel scares these jerks.

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's happened in Virginia and all the other states. Lots of "how-to" and DIY videos on YouTube, including some idjits taking fingers and faces off themselves as they play around for the camera.

How sad it is that we are reduced to poking everything with a long stick or jiggling it with a length of rope before we dare clean up our property. While this is hooliganism rather than overt terrorism the law does not see any difference and they will prosecute the little miscreantsif they can get fingerprints or other evidence. Not that 10 years in the grey-bar hotel scares these jerks.

stay safe.

Thanks skid, now I will have to pay attention to trash too...lol

jayspapa

I saw two guys make one of these about 7 years ago. They used a 2 liter soda bottle though and no water. The first try , it just blew the cap off. They tried a second time and as soon as they dropped the tin foil in they taped the cap on with black tape then threw the bottle. It hissed and swelled for at least 30 seconds but when it went it was quite a boom.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP How sad it is that we are reduced to poking everything with a long stick or jiggling it with a length of rope before we dare clean up our property.

Oh, I don't think we're reduced to that, yet. Just because its been done, or we've heard about it, doesn't mean we have to scare ourselves worrying about every bottle we pick up.

Just start carrying a reinforced steel pail with you. Throw the bottle in, dive to the ground, and yell, "Fire in the hole!" :D