• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB 914 - outlaw private sales - hearing April 7th

SAK

imported post

AN EMAIL FROM WISCONSIN ANTI GUN OWNERSHIP FUND

I will be out of town, otherwise I would be at the hearing. If you can go, I would suggest giving Jeri or her minions a call at the number below and let her know you'll be there. You probably shouldn't mention that you oppose her legislation :D Just confirm that you'll be there :)

Wish I could go :p

Dear Friends:

By now you should have received an email from WAVE announcing the April 7 hearing on AB 914, the background check bill. Here's more good news: a hearing on the Senate companion bill - SB 643 - has just been scheduled for Thursday, April 8. Details on both are below.

This critical policy initiative has now moved further in the process than ever before. To keep it going, it will be very helpful for you to attend either or both hearings in Madison to register and/or testify in favor. Please contact WAVE (414-351-9283, wave@waveedfund.org) if you plan to attend in person.

If you just can't make it, calls/emails to the committee chairs prior to the hearings are the way to let them know that you favor this legislation. Their contact information is below.

With great appreciation for your assistance...

Jeri Bonavia
Executive Director
www.WaveEdFund.org

Wednesday, April 7, 1:00 p.m., State Capitol North Hearing Room (Second Floor)
Hearing on AB 914

Assembly Committee on Corrections and the Courts
Committee Chair Rep. Joe Parisi, 608-266-5342, Rep.Parisi@legis.wisconsin.gov

Thursday, April 8, 11:00 a.m., State Capitol Room 411 South
Hearing on SB 643

Senate Committee on Judiciary, Corrections, Insurance, Campaign Finance Reform, and Housing
Committee Chair Sen. Lena Taylor, 608-266-5810, Sen.Taylor@legis.wisconsin.gov

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2009/data/AB-914.pdf

Code:
03-30.  A. Introduced by Representatives Staskunas, Pasch, Young,
Turner, Shilling, Fields, Richards, Toles, Parisi,
Sinicki, Grigsby, Berceau, Sherman, Pope-Roberts and
Kessler; cosponsored by Senators Coggs and Risser.
03-30.  A. Read first time and referred to committee on
Corrections and the Courts  ............................. 770
03-31.  A. [url=http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2009/data/fe/AB-914fe.pdf]Fiscal estimate received[/url].

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was expecting something like thisas a face saver in a concealed carry package. Old Jer's Chicago bosses must have gotten after her to show that she has done something for their money.

See that back stabbing Sherman is sponsoring this. Once again he sticks his middle finger at Wisconsin gun owners. I can onlyhope that when it comes time to run for re-election for his Doyle appointed judgeship, that voters remember that he is a man whosells outfor a price. I don't live in his area, but I will be sending money in support of anyone running against him.A person that does not keep their word shouldnot be a judge - anywhere.