• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Absolutely last Sat. morning RVA breakfast

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No more Sat. morning breakfasts this weekend after this one on July 7[SUP]th[/SUP]...:p

This last one will be at Shoney's on West Broad Street at Skipwith at 9:00 am.

Leaving earlier than planned - like now. but should still be there until about 9:00 am though. Too hungry to wait.

Last edited:

FBrinson

No more Sat. morning breakfasts this weekend after this one on July 7[SUP]th[/SUP]...:p

This last one will be at Shoney's on West Broad Street at Skipwith at 9:00 am.

Is there a lack of attendance? My wife and I don't go anymore since we moved out of the Richmond area. I miss the RC Diner breakfasts the most.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is there a lack of attendance? My wife and I don't go anymore since we moved out of the Richmond area. I miss the RC Diner breakfasts the most.
Ol' pharts are diminishing faster than nu pharts sign on.

We used to pack the house before people became so complacent.

scouser

could be the location.

last time I was in that Shoneys i swore it would be my last ever after i found that ALL of the ice that's supposed to keep the salad bar cool had been allowed to turn to water. However accepting they might be of your 1911 is irrelevant if the staff are unwilling to store the food properly.

I prefer to eat where I can get my food made fresh to order rather than wonder how long it's been sat drying out, I guess flavor is a huge part of enjoying breakfast

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
could be the location.

last time I was in that Shoneys i swore it would be my last ever after i found that ALL of the ice that's supposed to keep the salad bar cool had been allowed to turn to water. However accepting they might be of your 1911 is irrelevant if the staff are unwilling to store the food properly.

I prefer to eat where I can get my food made fresh to order rather than wonder how long it's been sat drying out, I guess flavor is a huge part of enjoying breakfast

My my, so how was your day?

I eat there frequently and have never had that problem. Do you ever wonder how the food was treated at a restaurant where the food is not prepared until you order it? Read the restaurant inspection reports or talk to Dennis O'Connor of VCDL - he is a state inspector.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
scouser;2232824--snipped-- However accepting they might be of your 1911 is [B said:
irrelevant[/B] if the staff are unwilling to store the food properly.
Definitely is not irrelevant. This thread and all sub-forums except the Social Lounge are about OCing not about personal opinions and prejudices on food. That is why this discussion forum is called Open Carry.

Please whizz no more on the subject.