• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Advice

notalawyer

i went to a bar friday, some guy that has never liked me (i married the woman he wanted) anyways bar was packed with people i did not know, the guy started saying "you can not own firearms", and "do you have a gun", well i had my pistol concealed.. and before i went in i emptied it and put mag in a pocket, the guy at one point grabs me and starts feeling and grabbed my pistol and ran down the street yelling "i got it, i got it", cops show up, take my pistol and drive me home as they thought i might have drank too much.. i realized i left my vehicle unlocked with windows down, so my wife and i walked back to pick it up (her driving).. during time in bar i met an off duty PD officer.. when i went for vehicle i walked in to ask the name of off duty cop, i was told to leave. i walked out and cops handcuffed me and brought me to station overnight, all cops involved said i did nothing illegal.. next morning new cop lets me out and said it was the weirdest story he ever heard, and NO charges on me as i did nothing wrong. he tells me to go monday to pick up my pistol, cop says NO, and told me to go on weds. to talk with original officer, that one said he was pissed at guy that grabbed my gun, he said some people (all pals with guy that grabbbed gun) said i m"showed it off", others said i did nothing, cop was pissed off that i wetn back, but said he understood why,... but people were scared.. he told me IF he charges me it will be reckless conduct, and misdemeanor, PD chief also revoked my carry permit. now i have to wait for officer to decide, he said maybe monday.... but within 2 weeks if i do not hear from to call him... he said guy that grabbed my gun is always drunk, cop told me i was/am very polite and honest, and he had talked to me before for kid related stuff, he said i was always helpful and sober, and he knows i am not much of a drinker......... i do not know what to do, my nerves are shot!

Grow up. Stop getting drunk. Stop getting into drunken arguments with other drunks.

Welcome to the forum.

Forgive me if I misinterpreted your post.

Oh, and paragraphs.

notalawyer

1. i was not drunk
2. other guy was drunk
3.there was no real argument, i actually keep trying to get away for the guy.
"grow up"... someone told me about this forum.. doubt it is for me.

Stick around a while. Maybe you'll change your mind. :rolleyes:

The Truth

1. i was not drunk
2. other guy was drunk
3.there was no real argument, i actually keep trying to get away for the guy.
"grow up"... someone told me about this forum.. doubt it is for me.

Don't mind "notalawyer." One post does not represent this forum. You shouldn't judge us because then you're just doing what notalawyer did.

Weird story. I have no idea what to tell you other than contact a 2A or a civil rights lawyer ASAP and don't talk to the cops anymore unless your lawyer is present.

You let the guy pat you down? You let the guy grab your gun even though you were CCing? What the hell is going on here? I am beyond confused as to how this could even happen in reality. Maybe this forum is not for you? Who told you that? So far, you may be right. I haven't decided yet.

But I'm just one dude, don't mind me either.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I tale with no point and a strange one at that.

If legitimate - contact an attorney and post nothing here w/o authorization.

When the dust settles, provide verification of your claims to this.

WalkingWolf

I tale with no point and a strange one at that.

If legitimate - contact an attorney and post nothing here w/o authorization.

When the dust settles, provide verification of your claims to this.

Good advice, but IMO I wouldn't count on the verification.

The Truth

Yeah, I'm calling BS on this one too. Guy grabs your gun out of your CC holster somehow without you realizing it until it was too late and you spend the night in jail with no charges and the other guy walks free.

Hmmm what's that smell?

solus

ops story sounds extremely familiar to one the popped up in washington sub-forum....from a new poster as welll

humm

ipse

Tactical9mm

I'm going to chime in on this thread, as it appears pretty clear to me that the OP is rattling off hogwash.

First; anyone with a pistol license in the State of New Hampshire would know that there is no such thing as a "permit to carry" in these parts.

Second; the OP mentions that he had his "carry permit" revoked by a police chief. There are codified standards for suspension (or revocation) of a pistol license in this State. They can be viewed at http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/Saf-C2100.pdf

The situation (as written) by the OP doesn't meet the criteria for a revocation.

Third; The whole original post just exudes the hogwash smell.

Overall conclusion: OP is just wasting everyone's time with rubbish.

notalawyer

Yeah, I'm calling BS on this one too. Guy grabs your gun out of your CC holster somehow without you realizing it until it was too late and you spend the night in jail with no charges and the other guy walks free.

Hmmm what's that smell?

Interesting. It only took you 55 minutes.

The Truth

Interesting. It only took you 55 minutes.

I suggest you bark up a different tree. Also it may behoove you to work on some exercises in reading comprehension someplace other than a public forum. Read it real nice and s...l...o...w t...h...i...s... t.....i......m.....e.....

What the hell is going on here? I am beyond confused as to how this could even happen in reality.

Ever heard of the benefit of the doubt? I've come across enough weirdos in my life and on this forum to know not to underestimate stupidity. I'm sure a poster such as yourself can understand that.

Last edited: