• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After the sky is falling hoopla of some TX houses of worship are GFZ, quiet change

solus

The Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth has removed signs from its parishes warning people not to carry guns on church property. The Diocese hasn’t changed its no-guns policy. But officials worried the signs themselves made the churches a more attractive target. Some churches around Houston are taking similar precautions.

Last year’s attack at Sutherland Springs First Baptist Church forced the Houston Area Pastor Council to think about how to balance the need for safety with the need to provide a welcoming environment. The question of posting no-firearms signs was a big one, and ultimately most churches in the network decided against it.

“There was that concern that if these signs were posted, that it would be a signal that, very clearly, that potential shooters would have less resistance there, unless…those particular churches had visible, consistent, armed personnel or uniformed personnel, on-site, which some do but many don’t,” said Dave Welch, the Council’s executive director.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/...-remove-no-guns-signs-citing-safety-concerns/

Who'da thunk common sense would return so quickly...oh wait, I bet the profit center(s) were suffering and that prevailed not common sense!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For whatever reason, it is good that these fish will not have to worship in a barrel.

WalkingWolf

Criminals that do not read will not know that these facilities remain gun free zones...right?

In Texas if they are not posted, they are not GFZ. The church is trying to have it's cake, and eat it too without having to take a political stand. Of course they know some people will still CC even though it may hurt their feelings. Here in NC before it became legal to carry in business that served alcohol the law was largely ignored. Often people bragged about carrying.

solus

They have drunken crowds at your church?

Haven’t attended a good Irish wake [urban dictionary’s def: An Irish[FONT=&quot] wake is basically a party after [/FONT]the death[FONT=&quot] of a family member or friend. Usually used by family members to get drunk and tell stories, usually inappropriate, about the [/FONT]deceased[FONT=&quot]. ] have you.

[/FONT]

solus

Since the immortal soul predates Christianity, then it would reason that today's churches do not fit into the equation.

Ya know mate I’ll drink to that concept with ya... place of your choice!

Next month on the 4th?

I’ll even treat the first round!

Last edited: