• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama chruch builds shooting range.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Alabama church builds gun range.

"The overgrown patch of land behind Rocky Mount United Methodist Church in Jemison, Alabama, had sat unused for quite a while. Tired of the wasted space, church Pastor Phillip Guin held a brainstorming session to determine how the area should be used."

"That’s when the idea of a gun range first emerged, which was installed behind the church soon afterwards."

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/08/392..._medium=owned&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Alabama church builds gun range.

"The overgrown patch of land behind Rocky Mount United Methodist Church in Jemison, Alabama, had sat unused for quite a while. Tired of the wasted space, church Pastor Phillip Guin held a brainstorming session to determine how the area should be used."

"That’s when the idea of a gun range first emerged, which was installed behind the church soon afterwards."

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/08/392..._medium=owned&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter

Article said:
Pastor Phillip Guin held a brainstorming session, WIAT reports, to determine how the area should be used.

As Guin told IJReview:

“We had individuals within our church – elderly women for example – who had weapons at their homes but had never fired them and didn’t even know how to use them.

And that was really the beginning of our conversation about this: how can we help them so they don’t do something that’s dangerous to themselves or others.”

That’s when the idea of a gun range first emerged, which was installed behind the church soon afterwards.

I applaud the church and church membership for their noble efforts. Logic dictates that teaching these members how to effectively wield their self defense tools will reduce the likelihood of dangerous handling and accidents due to firearm ignorance.

At any rate, I'd say the range would be in keeping with doctrine and the like.;)