• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alexandria 'Road Rage' Shooting Article - John Pierce Quoted

Blk97F150

I assume this is OCDO's John Pierce. Although, it appears that they misspelled his last name the first time it occurs in the article. It is spelled correctly in the remaining portions of the article.

-------------------------------------
Alexandria Va. road rage victim could take case to court lawyer says

ALEXANDRIA, VA - Alexandra Police say a 58-year-old Mechanicsville man was arrested for Wednesday morning’s Alexandria Road Rage shooting. A Virginia attorney says he may be able to fight this in court depending on the circumstances.

“Absolutely, I believe this is something that they could take to court,” said Attorney John Piece. He specializes in firearms law. We’ll get to that in a moment to first explain what happened.

More: http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/alexandria-va-road-rage-victim-could-take-case-to-court-lawyer-says/458075992

countryclubjoe

From a legal stand point, fearing for his life and running over the aggressive couple, would have been a better option and much easier to defend in court. Another incident that plays into the hands of the anti's.. I look forward to follow-up on said incident.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

Maverick9

I assume this is OCDO's John Pierce. Although, it appears that they misspelled his last name the first time it occurs in the article. It is spelled correctly in the remaining portions of the article.

-------------------------------------
Alexandria Va. road rage victim could take case to court lawyer says

ALEXANDRIA, VA - Alexandra Police say a 58-year-old Mechanicsville man was arrested for Wednesday morning’s Alexandria Road Rage shooting. A Virginia attorney says he may be able to fight this in court depending on the circumstances.

“Absolutely, I believe this is something that they could take to court,” said Attorney John Piece. He specializes in firearms law. We’ll get to that in a moment to first explain what happened.

It appears the driver could have -thought- he was acting in self defense against two people, the screaming woman and her boyfriend. However, it does not look good that, as some witnesses reported, the man "fled" the scene. Leaving is OK if there's a continued imminent threat, but not ok otherwise, since it can be taken as a sign of guilt of a crime, IANAL, or so it seems to me.

Last edited: