• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All pro gun bills dead for 2017. Republican from Miami again the perpetrator

hammer6

Nothing can change in Florida unless we give Miami to Cuba.

Flores used to be an ally. Somebody paid her off. Bloomberg?

or we can start organizing some larger open carry protests to start making some noise.

hammer6

Last edited:

Mas49.56

"Florida Action Alert! 7 Wins for Gun Owners This Week 3/21-23/2017"

Does the NRA think they aren't dead, or are they just BSing to get more money?

77zach

"Florida Action Alert! 7 Wins for Gun Owners This Week 3/21-23/2017"

Does the NRA think they aren't dead, or are they just BSing to get more money?

It is a business. That being said, they do incredible work in Florida. Marion Hammer has been extremely hard working and dedicated to expanding gun rights in Florida. We live in a VERY statist state. I'd say our Republicans are some of the most anti gun in the country. She has worked well with the raw materials supplied.

Last edited:

phil1979

Open Carry Dead?

Well, it doesn't look good at this point, but I have an inside scoop that says the "fat lady" has not yet sung. There is something going on backstage, so to speak.

In any case, if you want the next best thing to open carry, here's a free graphic for anyone who would like to support open carry in Florida!

I used a free pistol graphic, but improved the look of the grip screws. And I created the rest from scratch. If you want, tell folks Phillip Evans from Georgia made it, but it's not a requirement.

Put it on hats, t-shirts, anything you like, and wear it everywhere you can legally conceal in Florida. Especially in and on publicly owned property such as local parks, libraries, state park offices, etc - where you cannot be ejected merely for being armed.

Email and Facebook share this to all your friends! Put it on your blogs and other websites.

You may need to convert the JPG image here to PNG with transparency to get rid of the square white background. Apparently, all forums convert uploaded images to JPG format.

Attachments

• LC.jpg
    LC.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 42

hammer6

Well, it doesn't look good at this point, but I have an inside scoop that says the "fat lady" has not yet sung. There is something going on backstage, so to speak.

In any case, if you want the next best thing to open carry, here's a free graphic for anyone who would like to support open carry in Florida!

I used a free pistol graphic, but improved the look of the grip screws. And I created the rest from scratch. If you want, tell folks Phillip Evans from Georgia made it, but it's not a requirement.

Put it on hats, t-shirts, anything you like, and wear it everywhere you can legally conceal in Florida. Especially in and on publicly owned property such as local parks, libraries, state park offices, etc - where you cannot be ejected merely for being armed.

Email and Facebook share this to all your friends! Put it on your blogs and other websites.

You may need to convert the JPG image here to PNG with transparency to get rid of the square white background. Apparently, all forums convert uploaded images to JPG format.

i don't think the point of open carrying is necessarily to "advertise" that you are carrying. i think the point is freedom, a chance to wear regular clothes and not worry about the gun showing, and even to have better access to it in case of an emergency.

phil1979

Open Carry Protesting

Yes, hammer6, I agree with you there. However, that would be the case if open carry were already legal.

But right now we're fighting to get to that point. Open carry "protests" while fishing is like saying, "pretty please". We need to start "openly" conceal carrying in ALL publicly owned places where it is legal to carry with a license.

1. Go into government owned libraries, city halls (without courtrooms), zoos, museums, parks, bike paths, wearing t-shirts stating you are "Lawfully Armed".

2. Wear your mag carriers openly in public places. These are legal to wear openly wherever bringing ammo is legal. Even the magazines can show - there is no law against that.

3. Wear P-38 style holsters openly - they are pistol-shaped and have a lid to conceal your pistol or ammo - whatever you want to put in them.

4. Wear "Glock sock" coverings that have a pistol graphic over your OWB carried pistol.

If you can't legally do full-on open carry, you can still abide by the letter of the law (only the pistol itself must not be seen), and "open carry" in the above manners as a means to demand your rights. No more, "pretty please". That does not seem to be a winning formula at this point with it having been done ad nauseum.

i don't think the point of open carrying is necessarily to "advertise" that you are carrying. i think the point is freedom, a chance to wear regular clothes and not worry about the gun showing, and even to have better access to it in case of an emergency.

hammer6

Yes, hammer6, I agree with you there. However, that would be the case if open carry were already legal.

But right now we're fighting to get to that point. Open carry "protests" while fishing is like saying, "pretty please". We need to start "openly" conceal carrying in ALL publicly owned places where it is legal to carry with a license.

1. Go into government owned libraries, city halls (without courtrooms), zoos, museums, parks, bike paths, wearing t-shirts stating you are "Lawfully Armed".

2. Wear your mag carriers openly in public places. These are legal to wear openly wherever bringing ammo is legal. Even the magazines can show - there is no law against that.

3. Wear P-38 style holsters openly - they are pistol-shaped and have a lid to conceal your pistol or ammo - whatever you want to put in them.

4. Wear "Glock sock" coverings that have a pistol graphic over your OWB carried pistol.

If you can't legally do full-on open carry, you can still abide by the letter of the law (only the pistol itself must not be seen), and "open carry" in the above manners as a means to demand your rights. No more, "pretty please". That does not seem to be a winning formula at this point with it having been done ad nauseum.

okay that's a better explanation.

but what's a glock sock?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

1. Go into government owned libraries, city halls (without courtrooms), zoos, museums, parks, bike paths, wearing t-shirts stating you are "Lawfully Armed". ...
Good stuff!

In the absence of legal OC, I heartily endorse the approaches you've described.

hammer6

It's a fabric covering to hide your pistol while it's in an OWB holster. It has a gun pic printed on it, so it's a way to carry concealed out in the open.

A buddy of mine makes his own version and sells them for $9.99 each. If it's allowed, I could post the order link here.

He wears one in Florida and has made a video saying hello to some Sheriff deputies who did not detain or harass him over it.

Here's a link to his videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq6PeSpjmBtj_-UEc_SLbfw

i'm not sure how i feel about that, but it is clever.

2OLD2W8

i'm not sure how i feel about that, but it is clever.

Yes, clever indeed. I tend to think the design should be form fitting with a cutout for the trigger. The sock as designed hinders immediate access to a functional firearm; unless the intended purpose is strictly for lawful activism, sans functional firearm use.