• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All toy rubber band guns MUST be destroyed!!!

solus

can't comment as i couldn't get to the article cuz the poll question on motherhood wouldn't allow me to pass w/o answering the question! sad part i know a lot of muthrs who wear hoods but i have no earthly idea of their net worth!

might have answered the poll if it asked about dogs or firearms :lol:

ipse

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The gun was an engineering project the student built in class, the university said in a news release Wednesday night. Other students in the class had also built toy rubber band guns. Officials said they would collect and destroy the guns Thursday morning.
And how much money are the officials going to pay the students for their property? I know bidding for my state of the art rubber band gun would start at $10,000.00.

utbagpiper

Banned
Not the first time

Back in the 90s, some "youth" (I think that is the term newspapers use for the criminal element these days) in and around Boston and Cambridge figured out that it was much easier to mug someone after the victim had a face full of chlorine bleach. So there were a few incidents of packs of "youth" marauding about with the battery-powered Supersoaker water guns filled with Clorox.

The city actually gave serious consideration to banning water guns over this.

Heaven forbid the city actually deal with the real problem.

In this campus case the real problem seems to be a combination of gross ignorance about what a real gun looks like and a level of paranoia more befitting a psych ward than a college campus. Do people really spend their lives in such abject terror and yet do no more to deal with it than keep 911 on speed dial?

OC for ME

Back in the 90s, some "youth" (I think that is the term newspapers use for the criminal element these days) in and around Boston and Cambridge figured out that it was much easier to mug someone after the victim had a face full of chlorine bleach. So there were a few incidents of packs of "youth" marauding about with the battery-powered Supersoaker water guns filled with Clorox.

The city actually gave serious consideration to banning water guns over this.

Heaven forbid the city actually deal with the real problem.

In this campus case the real problem seems to be a combination of gross ignorance about what a real gun looks like and a level of paranoia more befitting a psych ward than a college campus. Do people really spend their lives in such abject terror and yet do no more to deal with it than keep 911 on speed dial?
On the SLU campus, in STL City? You bet they do. STL City is not far afield of a Chicago or San Francisco where liberal politicians are concerned. The newly elected mayor will do everything she can to ban the carry of firearms in STL City.

What is funny, in a sad way, is that there were more than one "gun" since the "gun" was a engineering assignment. All of the "gun" are to be confiscated and destroyed, if news reports are correct. Place the blame on the SLU administration for not supporting a few their students. Though, what will happen to that professor who assigned the task of designing and building of those "guns?" Tar/feathering/rail/outta town comes to mind. he must have been a neocon, or worse yet, a libertarian.

countryclubjoe

On the SLU campus, in STL City? You bet they do. STL City is not far afield of a Chicago or San Francisco where liberal politicians are concerned. The newly elected mayor will do everything she can to ban the carry of firearms in STL City.

What is funny, in a sad way, is that there were more than one "gun" since the "gun" was a engineering assignment. All of the "gun" are to be confiscated and destroyed, if news reports are correct. Place the blame on the SLU administration for not supporting a few their students. Though, what will happen to that professor who assigned the task of designing and building of those "guns?" Tar/feathering/rail/outta town comes to mind. he must have been a neocon, or worse yet, a libertarian.

No banning nor destroying, simply require a license and permit to own and carry said " water gun".. More profit that way, also it would give the nice LEO"S yet another reason to stop and talk/ detain folks, and do a fishing expedition for more nefarious activity..

Obviously I am joking, however anything is possible when petty tyrants are involved.

My .02
Regards
CCJ