• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AMSE Oak Ridge

jaegan

imported post

Not an open carry question, but I may be heading there this coming weekend and was wondering about concealed carry at the museum? posted? I do have a valid KY CDWL. Briefly perusing their website didn't turn up anything.

Kingfish

imported post

Looks like a federal building to me...

The AMSE is owned by the US Department of Energy and managed under Oak Ridge National Laboratory by UT-Battelle, LLC through a subcontract with Enterprise Advisory Services, Inc. A major portion of AMSE funding is provided by UT-Battelle, LLC in partnership with B&W Y-12 and Bechtel Jacobs Company, LLC.

http://www.amse.org/content.aspx?article=1150&parent=33

falcon1

imported post

If it is a federal building or a federal installation, I would say the answer is no to any type of carry.

Grassroots

imported post

That would be correct. No carry of any type allowed at this facility. LEO's can't carry here either. Unless you are at a Federal Level and even at that you must have permission.

jaegan

imported post

Thanks, that was what I needed to know. I haven't been there since elementary school, and I wasn't sure if the museum was federal or private.

Neo

Campaign Veteran
Resurrecting an Old Post RE ORNL Carry

This is an old post and my assumption is that the laws regarding carry at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) have not changed since it is a federal facility. However, I wanted to ask because of the proliferation of "parking lot storage exception" laws by many states. Is it legal to have a firearm stored in a vehicle while on ORNL property?

solus

nightmare, link is doa however, being good...

quote:
The following items are prohibited on the ORNL campus: firearms and other weapons, alcohol, explosives, dangerous instruments or materials likely to produce substantial injury to persons or damage to property, controlled substances including illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia, and any items prohibited by law.
unquote.

http://gsearch.ornl.gov/search?q=ca...heet=ornl_frontend&ie=UTF-8&access=p&oe=UTF-8

ipse

Last edited: