• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Open Carry Christmas

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

As I promised, I am bringing over material from the old site as I have time.

This was a poem that I had written for the Defender for Christmas 2004 entitled ...

An Open Carry Christmas

I finished all my shopping
For Christmas gifts today
And I open carried
All along the way.

I saw old Friends and neighbors
And it was really fun
And not a single person
Was frightened by my gun

For I have open carried
In rain and in snow
For many, many years
And this they all know.

They have been educated
And some have been enlightened
And this will prevent them
From having to be frightened.

I’d like to think that somewhere
Santa’s sack’s a little bigger
Because some lucky person
Has a gift with a trigger

And all across America
Handgun sales were bolstered
Because our friends and neighbors
Saw one safely holstered

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I carry my xd all the time rain shine snow and all that other stuff. this spring it has already taken a swim with me. me and my bud were out on the boat goofen around and he pushed me in forgeting I always have my firearm. yeah i know about the rust complants, just not seeing it myself even in salt water.

wet_willy

imported post

good to know, i was thinking about getting a XD9 to save the wear on my 1911, and something a little more accurate than the 3.5 inch barrel i have on the 1911, plus the 9 is a lot cheaper to shoot. good luck.

and to whoever wrote the poem, thank you.