• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another negligent discharge

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306719,00.html

FORT WORTH, Texas — A 47-year-old man was shot in both legs when he accidentally discharged a handgun while sitting in his cubicle at an insurance office, police said.

The man, who hasn't been publicly identified, had put his .45-caliber gun into his jacket pocket and then draped the jacket over the back of his chair, said Brett McGuire, Lake Worth police chief.

The gun discharged Tuesday morning as the man settled into his chair. He said the man must have done something to make the weapon fire.

The bullet passed through both of the man's legs and a bookcase before lodging in the wall of a cubicle.

McGuire said there was no indication the man had brought the gun to target anyone. "He wasn't having problems with his bosses or co-workers that we know of," McGuire said.

McGuire said his department has no record of the man being licensed to carry a concealed weapon. He said detectives would wait until the man, who was taken to a hospital, had recovered before deciding whether to pursue charges.

I don't buy it. Somebody ought to tell that gent how pocket pool is supposed to be played.

"The man must have done something to make the weapon fire." YA THINK?????!!!

expvideo

imported post

Tess wrote:
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306719,00.html

FORT WORTH, Texas — A 47-year-old man was shot in both legs when he accidentally discharged a handgun while sitting in his cubicle at an insurance office, police said.

The man, who hasn't been publicly identified, had put his .45-caliber gun into his jacket pocket and then draped the jacket over the back of his chair, said Brett McGuire, Lake Worth police chief.

The gun discharged Tuesday morning as the man settled into his chair. He said the man must have done something to make the weapon fire.

The bullet passed through both of the man's legs and a bookcase before lodging in the wall of a cubicle.

McGuire said there was no indication the man had brought the gun to target anyone. "He wasn't having problems with his bosses or co-workers that we know of," McGuire said.

McGuire said his department has no record of the man being licensed to carry a concealed weapon. He said detectives would wait until the man, who was taken to a hospital, had recovered before deciding whether to pursue charges.

I don't buy it. Somebody ought to tell that gent how pocket pool is supposed to be played.

"The man must have done something to make the weapon fire." YA THINK?????!!!

I'm really glad that the cheif didn't blame the gun for assaulting the innocent "victim". It's good to see reporting that doesn't demonize gun owners or guns. This report is very fair and balanced. It doesn't say that there is any reason for concern over the guy having a gun, it just says that they don't believe he has a CWP, and he should if he is concealing.

I'm pleased with this article. I hope the guy makes it out ok.