• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti called 911 on me

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My Sweet Babboo and I were out for a motorcycle ride out around Anaconda and stopped in a nice little Mom & Pop place to eat. We took a table and ordered. Everyone was happy. About halfway through the meal a group of three rather large women came in an sat not far from us and everyone was happy. We finished and Lori went out to the bikes as I went to the counter to pay. I thought everyone was happy. As I was walking back to the table, I could hear the conversation......."It's in a holster..............He's leaving......... ". You know the rest. Excitable people were NOT happy. I went out, got on the bike and we left. I told my Sweet Babboo about the conversation. We were happy. A few minutes later, we passed a Sheriff headed back to the restaurant. I don't know if the Sheriff spoke with them or if he was happy about it at all.

solus

Glad to see you are STILL making an impact.

Took the unprecedented move of “fix’n” it for you Grape...:uhoh:

Well played MSG as that is always the nicest way to see the nice LEs go, opposite of your current direction!

keep the rubber down and keep on roll’n

Last edited:

Brian D.

Any kind of guess how far the deputy might have traveled to have a look see at...nothing? I am in no way faulting you here, MSG, but rather the callers for wasting what are probably limited LE resources out your way on a "nothing burger" situation.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Most likely they were tourists.

This is Truth. When we lived in Wa State we were 20 mins from the Canadian border. It was always fun to hear them in the next isle at the grocery store. Similar conversations.

Any kind of guess how far the deputy might have traveled to have a look see at...nothing? I am in no way faulting you here, MSG, but rather the callers for wasting what are probably limited LE resources out your way on a "nothing burger" situation.

It sounded as though dispatch was trying to alleviate the fear. If they insist (as they often do) an officer must go out. The States were doing a speed enforcement deal and their were a few in the AO. The squad that we saw was maybe five minutes out. He was close.

KBCraig

When we lived in Wa State we were 20 mins from the Canadian border. It was always fun to hear them in the next isle at the grocery store.

I live where Canadian and Massachusetts tourists converge. I think they'd be disappointed if they didn't see anyone OC'ing, because then they wouldn't be able to report back about how the went to the Land of the NH Hillbillies and escaped without being shot.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Can happen any place but there are some areas that house more uninformed people.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ped-for-open-carrying-in-middleton-wisconsin/

I have been staying in Middleton, Wisconsin for a couple of months. After an injury a few years ago and a serious case of pneumonia, I changed my exercise from running to brisk walking. Wearing a t-shirt and shorts limits the options for concealed carry. Most of my walking in the area starts at about

MontanaResident

Twice a year, Friends and I run a free coffee stop at a Rest Stop on the Highway, to get donations for our local Cemetery. I always carry and I always get comments on the sidearm. Always good comments. All out of state traffic, and for many or most, probably the first time they've seen someone carry that wasn't a LEO.