• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti's just can't get it can they...

livitup

imported post

I know this has nothin' to do with nothin, but I needed a place to vent.

I frequent a photography forum and someone posted a question about the "high capacity" magazine ban in an off-topic forum of the site. Of course that started a huge firestorm... Here are some choice quotes:

* "They are illegal to buy new, but I think they are grandfather'ed in."

* "I'm confused. Was the low capacity clip just not getting the job done?"

* "Yup, Brady Bill made it illegal to sell "new" 15 round clips but you could still buy ones that were manufactured prior to a certain date. Sure makes sense doesn't it??? I believe parts of the Brady Bill expired and the large clip part may have been cancelled. To be safe get a concealed handgun permit, load it to the gills and carry it under yur seat like everyone in Texas does."

* "Why do you need a gun ? What are you going to do with it??"

* "15 round clips are illegal here in Wisconsin too. I think they are in every state but Texas."

*"Your gun much like your muscle car indicate you have a small penis. Deal with it."

*"Boy am I glad I live in the UK!"

Sheesh. I just don't have the energy.

presbyreformed

imported post

livitup wrote:
The person who wrote that quote isa moron! He's glad to live in the UK? When crime in the UK is spiralling out of control, crimes committed by people with guns are up, crimes committed by people with knives is so high that the UK government is now collecting their kitchen knives! At the very time when the UK capital of London is being converted to a new capital of militant Islam named "Londonistan" the authorities are trying to disarm even the few sheep that still want to have a sharp knife to cut up their steak dinner!

And violent crime in the US is going down now, down 38% in 2005 from the high in 1991, while gun ownership is at all time highs, according to the NRA-ILA alert that I just got.

Cluelessness is not a healthy state of living. It may be bliss for a while, but it will be deadly in the end.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

presbyreformed wrote:
livitup wrote:
The person who wrote that quote isa moron! He's glad to live in the UK? When crime in the UK is spiralling out of control, crimes committed by people with guns are up, crimes committed by people with knives is so high that the UK government is now collecting their kitchen knives! At the very time when the UK capital of London is being converted to a new capital of militant Islam named "Londonistan" the authorities are trying to disarm even the few sheep that still want to have a sharp knife to cut up their steak dinner!

And violent crime in the US is going down now, down 38% in 2005 from the high in 1991, while gun ownership is at all time highs, according to the NRA-ILA alert that I just got.

Cluelessness is not a healthy state of living. It may be bliss for a while, but it will be deadly in the end.

can you give some links for these happenings in the UK?