• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any places in Ohio I can OC but not CC legally

JustaShooter

So you're saying I can OC at my church even though I'm recently informed it's
a federal offense to CC there?

Whoever told you it is a Federal offense to conceal carry at your church is mistaken. It is, however, illegal by Ohio law to carry concealed in a church in Ohio without permission from someone in the church authorized to give that permission. But as there is no law against open carry in a church in Ohio that I can find, it would be legal to do so unless there is appropriate signage. Regardless of legality or signage I suspect you would be asked to leave, however - and they do have the right under Ohio trespass law to do exactly that and failure to comply is Criminal Trespass.

idodishez

Whoever told you it is a Federal offense to conceal carry at your church is mistaken. It is, however, illegal by Ohio law to carry concealed in a church in Ohio without permission from someone in the church authorized to give that permission. But as there is no law against open carry in a church in Ohio that I can find, it would be legal to do so unless there is appropriate signage. Regardless of legality or signage I suspect you would be asked to leave, however - and they do have the right under Ohio trespass law to do exactly that and failure to comply is Criminal Trespass.

My mistake. I said federal offense and meant to say felony.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...left-car.html#/topics/306186?page=1&_k=ak3n79

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: