• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Carry A Star Firestar?

Legba

imported post

I got a spare Star mag from some mom & pop on the internet for about $20. I think it was gunclips@verizon.net. Mail them and see what the have. Let me know if that e-mail is bad - been a while since I talked to them. They do carry otherwise hard to find stuff though, and the prices are reasonable - or at least they were before the big rush. Let us know.

-ljp

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I don't remember but it wasn't that much. Problem is that Star went out of business in the 90s so as the years go by the price for mags and other parts will probably rise as people snap them up. I bought my spare magazines almost 10 years ago, when a few new Stars could still be found in gun shops, who trying to get rid of them. Not long after that Interarms went belly up and that was that.
I just happened to come acrosspre-owned.40 Firestarat a gun show yesterday so I had to take a look at it. Looked pretty well built. With the extended mag it fit my hand very very nicely. I might've considered taking a flyer on it but I was conserving funds for another possibility.

Tomahawk

imported post

HankT wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I don't remember but it wasn't that much. Problem is that Star went out of business in the 90s so as the years go by the price for mags and other parts will probably rise as people snap them up. I bought my spare magazines almost 10 years ago, when a few new Stars could still be found in gun shops, who trying to get rid of them. Not long after that Interarms went belly up and that was that.
I just happened to come acrosspre-owned.40 Firestarat a gun show yesterday so I had to take a look at it. Looked pretty well built. With the extended mag it fit my hand very very nicely. I might've considered taking a flyer on it but I was conserving funds for another possibility.

A friend of mine in college, a student from England in fact, had a 9mm Firestar.If I see one I might pick it up. It's nice and compact.

dafrogtoad

imported post

P4220209.jpg

dafrogtoad

imported post

It a Firestar 9, what you see is what I have +whatever rounds I still have for it. I bought it at an estate sale i Texas 6-7 years ago. Had it parkerized a year or so later. Shoots very well, suprisingly accurate. I'm just not a 9 guy. I think the $300 range is fair.

I will trade, looking for a Rem Mod 700. 308, 30-06

Thanks

GWbiker

imported post

dafrogtoad wrote:
It a Firestar 9, what you see is what I have +whatever rounds I still have for it. I bought it at an estate sale i Texas 6-7 years ago. Had it parkerized a year or so later. Shoots very well, suprisingly accurate. I'm just not a 9 guy. I think the $300 range is fair. I will trade, looking for a Rem Mod 700. 308, 30-06 Thanks
The $300 range certainly is fair for your M-43 and I would consider buying it *IF* I didn't already own one.

The Star Firestar/Interarms M-43 is reliable and with three-dot sights is very accurate although a bit heavy 'cause it's all steel. A good daily OC/CC handgun, IMO.

Some one should jump on this one for sale. He wouldn't be sorry.

TexasShooter

imported post

I carry these two constantly. I love my little star 40. Ironicly the knife is a Barretta. I carry the star in my right back pocket and don't see the need for a holster.

jonsue

imported post

I carried my Firestar 45 for a long time till I got my Glock 30. But I still Have it sittin in my nightstand. Only Gave $200 for it when i Bought. Carryies nice in jacket pocket when riding my motoecycle.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jonsue wrote:
I carried my Firestar 45 for a long time till I got my Glock 30. But I still Have it sittin in my nightstand. Only Gave $200 for it when i Bought. Carryies nice in jacket pocket when riding my motoecycle
Welcome to the forum, good to see that so many appreciate the venerable Firestars/Stars.

BTW - where is Hibbs - Va?

Yata hey