• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AOWs

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I need/want a house gun. I was looking at a kit to change the Moss 500 to a mag feed. It comes with a new receiver and a few internals that you swap out on your 500. I think I will start with just the receiver and apply for an AOW stamp and use the Moss 14" barrel kit. Add a pistol grip, fore and aft......'voila...AOW.

Now I find that the 14" is NOT NFA. Well, it is that 26" rule that concerns me. I think I will apply for the stamp and be safe.

Comments? Concerns?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Don't be too quick to spend that money. I have an appointment now but I will get more info to you later.

John

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Most things can be done, but, honestly, what significant advantages are you getting to make all that worth it anyway? I can't think of a house encounter that isn't as well served with something that needs no modifications or paperwork.

That said, yes, you absolutely SHOULD have the right to have what you want, and I applaud all efforts to get it.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I am available for conversation John. What did you have in mind?

I have come across the 14" barrel kit for the Moss platform, and I understand it is NOT an NFA item due to OA length. I will dig out a pic.

My actual Home Defense weapon is the pistol at my side. It will get me to one of the shotguns or AR pistols located around the house. The AOW will be more of a fun gun.