• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are You Kidding Me??

XD40coyote

imported post

I've had pro gun customers of mine in my showroom while I OC and they don't notice. Seems I have to point it out to them LOL.

So far, I haven't done any solo runs in PA, but I am getting my anxiety problems under control LOL, so soon enough I will give it a lil wirl- eat, then pet store, then Goodwill store, and if I take a beta blocker maybe the Rite Aid too LOL. Not at the wal-fart though, LOL too many of these "getting kicked out" and grumpy manager stories always floating around about other wal-farts. Besides they never have any .40 ammo anymore anyway, so why go in to wal-farts? LOL

I bet someone at Rite Aid would notice( one of the pharmacy people), and the Goodwill too. Goodwill should be fun LOL. Also if the one guy at the booze store is outside smoking, I bet he asks what kind of gun and etc.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Colorado Luckydog wrote:
I just went into 2 different very crowded stores. I was in one very busysmall liqour store for about 5 minutes. I was in another very very busy grocery store for about 10-12 minutes. This time I was carrying my S&W 9mm which is of decent size. As far as I could tell, not one soul noticed that I was carrying!!

I'm brand new with this open carry thing. I just started a few days ago.(I've carriedconcealed for years)It seems with each open carry my nerves settle a little more. I'm amazed how alert it makes me. People are so consumed with whatever they are doing, it seems BG's would have a big number of easy targets.I can't seea BG choosing an alert armed man (or his family) for his next target?
:D

Bryan
Just curious, what kind of Smith do you carry? I'm partial to the S&W semis. :celebrate

Jizzzle

imported post

YllwFvr wrote:
Riana wrote:
CharlesC wrote:
Most people don't care. Only "good guys" open carry. If you had it tucked in your waistband it may be a different story!

I did notice that many shop keepers talk to me more and say Hi all the time now that I OC.
Not necessarily. I carry IWB and I've only had a couple of people notice, and no negative comments. And there's no way I'd be mistaken for a cop (beingshort and somewhat Rubenesque) :dude:

I've come to the conclusion that most people are just oblivious, and won't see someone carrying unless that person is waving the gun around.
I get noticed just about every time. I cant think of a single place ive gone into that someone hasnt. It tends to blend too with dark shirt and blue jeans the norm for my dress.

Maybe it has something to do with all the tattoos and the reversed hat. Either way I see:what:all day every day.

To go with the WalMart problem going on I stopped in Tunkhannok Pa and asked for shotgun ammo at the local "SUPER". The elderly guy behind the sporting goodscounter just gave me the dead eye. After a second time asking he just silently pointed at it, watched me browse, then without a word took my money and bagged it up. With lots and lots of stone facewhile he was taking my plastic.

I thanked him, he didnt say a word, but the employee next to him gave me a cherubic smile and said "Good Evening Sir!".
Tats here too, and i don't dress "LEO". I normally am sporting a faux hawk and whatever clothes fit the occasion and withliving in NM and being from Fla it's either boots or flip flops and some kind of jeans or cargo shorts. Unless I'm on the bike. Thats a different story.