• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed at church: Man shotgun robs church choir, Goose Creek, SC near NavWPNSta ChasSC

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.live5news.com/story/16556880/church
Ray Rivera said:
Authorities responded to the St. James United Methodist Church on 512 St. James Ave. around 8 p.m. in reference to an armed robbery.

One of the victims told police that a man entered the church through an unlocked door and aimed a shotgun towards the choir area. The victims told police that the suspect then told the choir to get on the floor and to "Keep your heads down, I'll blow your head off."
RCawdor57 and I worked nearby.

protias

No need to carry at church? Why does SC have 23-31-215 (M)? It didn't seem to stop this criminal...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Goose Creek also had that police officer that murdered his wife and disappeared. His name is Dan William Hiers.
Now here's a coincidence, you may have known nuclear electrical engineer Mickey Hiers, now deceased by his own hand and in suspicious circumstances.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I don't know, that's why I carefully wrote as I did.

I did later recall that his first given name was Seth. The suspicious circumstances were drug related.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Chuck Wright is sheriff of Spartanburg Co. Goose Creek is in Berkeley Co., the sheriff there is Wayne Dewitt.

The sheriff of Charleston County is Al Cannon, USAF Colonel (ret) that I have known (through Mensa) since before 1988 when he was first elected. I was in his first citizens academy.

Last edited:

hermannr

Ummm.. That is what started this whole thread.

Two different stories. OP happened in a church, where no-one could defend themselves, the one I posted was in a Waffle house, where a customer shot one of the bad guys.

Sorry I didn't catch the earlier posting of the waffle house robbery two posts before mine. Followup, the police did catch the second guy in the waffle house robbery.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Two different stories. OP happened in a church, where no-one could defend themselves, the one I posted was in a Waffle house, where a customer shot one of the bad guys.

Sorry I didn't catch the earlier posting of the waffle house robbery two posts before mine. Followup, the police did catch the second guy in the waffle house robbery.

Sorry, my bad!:cool:

Scott Hiers

True! Heck, I lived in Goose Creek off and on for about 8 years. The Weapons Station is right down the road from G.C. Goose Creek also had that police officer that murdered his wife and disappeared. His name is Dan William Hiers...he is still out there.

Link: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30956

What the heck does my brother have anything to do with this thread? How do you know he murdered his wife? Maybe he was murdered himself. We don't know. We may never know.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rcawdor57

True! Heck, I lived in Goose Creek off and on for about 8 years. The Weapons Station is right down the road from G.C. Goose Creek also had that police officer that murdered his wife and disappeared. His name is Dan William Hiers...he is still out there.

Link: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30956
What the heck does my brother have anything to do with this thread? How do you know he murdered his wife? Maybe he was murdered himself. We don't know. We may never know.

Suffice to say there are a lot of unsubstantiated claims made and considerable controversy. IMO - is is irresponsible for anyone to make judgements. I don't speculate - I wait for the facts to become known.