• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed bystanders shoot at shoplifters in Marysville, disabling their vehicle, then disappear.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Update! Four shots fired. Battery with a vehicle deadly weapon. Two perps apprehended. SIX armed citizens, three fired shots.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/the-plan-was-to-steal-tools-then-customers-drew-their-guns/
“Anytime you’re firing a weapon in a public place, especially a few days before Christmas in a crowded parking lot, it is a grave concern,” Thomas said.
There is your proof that the cops want to charge the good guys with a crime. Because days before Christmas is just not the right time.

HP995

Very true, could have hit a reindeer. o_O

Or...maybe cops fear not being the center of attention. 🎅 🦌

solus

or perhaps, just perhaps, shooting at occupied vehicles is illegal under RCW...

or perhaps, use of deadly force to stop the theft of property is illegal under RCW...

definitely the nice Marysville Police what to have words and I am not sure it will be positive for the shooters.

Dain Bramage

RCW...
I'm not familiar with that one.
Does it also include that it's illegal to use deadly force to escape while committing a felony?

HP995

Wrongdoers can do no wrong. Good guys are not good for business. All power is best left to Government and VIPs, no exceptions. That's the Lefty mindset, and much of the Right is only a fake, token opposition and compromise. Many gun owners have fingers to the wind on their opinions too.

The nice Marysville LE don't want to prosecute because of any bystander dangers or ordinances. They want to use bystander dangers or ordinances as a justification to prosecute because they feel threatened by citizen rights and powers. Which we are obviously are losing.

I don't love people opening fire in parking lots. In general I think LE are best suited to make arrests and stop crimes in progress when they are available, willing, and not under directions to look the other way. But I don't think shoplifting, thuggery, and driving into people is a non issue, and I know well that civilians aren't the only shooters to worry about:

http://nation.time.com/2013/09/16/ready-fire-aim-the-science-behind-police-shooting-bystanders/

HPmatt

Thank goodness the perps didn't attempt to rob a donut shop....but they were too smart to do that.

solus

RCW...
I'm not familiar with that one.
Does it also include that it's illegal to use deadly force to escape while committing a felony?

So Dain B, as one who professes to being from Arlington located in Snohomish County, Washington, United States and part of the Seattle metropolitan area one would presume you would be quite familiar with the Evergreen’s Revised Code of Washington (RCW) which is the compilation of all permanent laws now in force.

HP995

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending...-to-steal-tools-in-washington-state/895812445

Police say two shoplifters, Maxfield Allen, 22, and Matthew Foster, 23, took four nail guns worth more than $400 each on Sunday. ... Court documents say one of the men admitted they were stealing tools and selling them to support their drug habits.

Just good kids trying to get ahead by sticking it to the man, right? Druggies, thieves, and thugs.

According to court documents, that civilian heard one of the suspects say, “He won't shoot. Run him over.”
“The car left and struck (one of the customers), causing him to fall,” Thomas said.

Aha - no shots fired until potentially deadly force already used by the druggie perps while committing their crime. How about them apples?

“We don't know (if they are in trouble) yet. Certainly they could've been acting lawfully,” Thomas said. “But if it's important enough to fire a weapon at a moving vehicle in a crowded parking lot, it's certainly important enough to stay behind to (talk to) officers who are going to be investigating the case.”

Libbycoppy translation: We are fairly booty-hurt about dis because if it's important enough to fire a weapon, or even if it isn't, we shouldn't get left outta de action by civilian nobodies. If they are not in trouble we just might find some trouble anyway. Come on in for a friendly chat, we'd like to extend our plain hospitality to dese people for a long time.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I find it fascinating different newspeek/social media has different perspectives, different ‘local LEs speaking out’, and so forth, all telling similar but slightly different versions!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=marysville+wa+shoplifters&form=APIPA1&PC=APPD

Truly fasinating...so as they said in bygone days...”There are eight million stories in the Naked City; this has been one of them.”
It's really, really, really good the bad guys got caught. But, it's really, really, really bad that good guys shot at the bad guys.

Dain Bramage

So Dain B, as one who professes to being from Arlington located in Snohomish County, Washington, United States and part of the Seattle metropolitan area one would presume you would be quite familiar with the Evergreen’s Revised Code of Washington (RCW) which is the compilation of all permanent laws now in force.

The RCWs I'm familiar with have numbers after them. And people referencing RCWs should use those numbers to make their point, rather than leaving them unsubstantiated.

And I am surely comrade..I mean ceetizen of Arlingtone, Washingtohn, da? Me big American, love appleh pie, bazebole, and large breasts of Jzane Mansfeeld.