• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arrested for open carry. Waiting for a ruling from the Court of Criminal Appeals

eye95

The only purpose of this thread is to generate foot-traffic at a web site. It is certainly NOT to inform.

BTW, who is ol_49er? Is that possibly a backup account for 49er?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

49er

The only purpose of this thread is to generate foot-traffic at a web site. It is certainly NOT to inform.

BTW, who is ol_49er? Is that possibly a backup account for 49er?

<o>

Your first and second statements are both false.

The answer to your first question is Eddie Maxwell.

The answer to you second question is "yes".

eye95

Nope. They are true. If the goal was to inform, then content, not just links to the other site, would be posted here.

<o>

49er

I see no need to copy and paste the volumes of information Jason has made available on the linked forum just to satisfy your ego.

I used to enjoy conversing with you, but lately your idea of "grassroots" movements has diminished your input to the point of being a mere annoying distraction to an otherwise meaningful conversation.

eye95

Of course you don't see the need. It would stop foot-traffic. There is no need to stop the foot-traffic that just posting links generates. Keep all discussion over there. Don't post the information that would foster it here. :rolleyes:

<o>

49er

Until the administrators of this forum forbid it, I see no reason to refrain from posting links to useful information elsewhere.

If you were to start your own "grassroots" forum (by YOUR own fabricated definition), I will honor your wishes if I choose to participate there.

This is not your forum, however.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Last edited:

solus

Until the administrators of this forum forbid it, I see no reason to refrain from posting links to useful information elsewhere.

If you were to start your own "grassroots" forum (by YOUR own fabricated definition), I will honor your wishes if I choose to participate there.

i thought eye had set up his own forum where he was 'editor in chief' as mentioned in another thread in OC's social lounge

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?119180-Posters-Who-quot-Get-Your-Goat-quot

http://civility.eye95.org/index/

ipse

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion

Currently, you have posted 2 links to NO WHERE..... 404 errors with invites to search for the info.... this is NOT "USEFUL INFORMATION" here or elsewhere!

JustaShooter

Currently, you have posted 2 links to NO WHERE..... 404 errors with invites to search for the info.... this is NOT "USEFUL INFORMATION" here or elsewhere!

The link in the OP works fine, looks like a copy/paste problem caused the broken ones in his most recent post.

49er

Sorry about that, but part of the links are deleted automatically when I try to post them.

You can copy and paste them directly into your address bar and they should work:

bamacarry.org/forums/topic/jason-dean-tulley-vs-the-city-of-jacksonville/

bamacarry.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tulley-DirectAppeal-122112CCA.pdf

Jason has taken the time to post three pages of documents to show the entire history of his case. One of the links above will take you to the thread, the other will take you to the appeal brief to the Court of Appeals.

Last edited:

JustaShooter

And both will create the desired foot-traffic.

And? This is the internet - explicitly designed to be able to link from one resource to another so that you don't have to have duplicate copies of information thither and yon. You place a copy here, I link to it there, and done. As long as you are not required to establish an account, log in, or whatever, I see absolutely no problem with the practice.

Every link generates "foot traffic" (as you put it) for someone. I and many others here link to resources citing law, relevant stories, etc., and no one seems to be bothered.

In fact, it only seems to be a problem for you, and only in this one case - perhaps it is the particular organization that is getting the "foot traffic" that bothers you? If so, may I respectfully suggest that you get over it. You certainly don't have to follow said link and generate "foot traffic" for that organization, but to then carp about the information being stored somewhere you don't like and claim it somehow isn't being shared for informational purposes is disingenuous. It is being shared, freely and publicly, and it serves to inform. You just don't like the organization that is being used to do so. Tough.

eye95

It would be different if those folks actually participated in this site. They don't care a whit about OCDO. They just come here once in a while to plug their site. Shameless.

49er

Don't let your difference of opinion on petty matters involving forums interfere with your focus on defending our fundamental rights.

I believe you're a better man than the one I'm seeing here.

eye95

Don't let your difference of opinion on petty matters involving forums interfere with your focus on defending our fundamental rights.

I believe you're a better man than the one I'm seeing here.

But I don't think the people who use this site merely for advertising are better than that. It is exactly who they are.

If their main concern was promoting OC, their participation here would be more than spamming for another site.

KBCraig

eye95

You mean like the links to http://johnpierceesq.com/ or http://monachuslex.com/?

Or maybe you meant the links to that other guy's columns, http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-washington-dc

I have actually criticized examiners who never really participate in this site, but merely post links here, i.e. spam the site.

I would say that, since John owns this site anything he does is automatically proper. However, I wish he would actually participate more in the discussions here.