• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article from Courier-Journal on new CC law

gutshot II

Last edited:

OC for ME

Unfortunate it is that many cops continue to balk at restoring individual liberties.

Have violent crime rates in those states that do not make OC unlawful without a permit had a similar increase in violent crime per year...rhetorical question?

solus

‘Fairly’ balanced article even impressed with coverage of the negativity of the broad blue group.

Dr. Lott’s premise of ‘responsible’ citizens trained in the use of their ‘registered’ concealed firearms just suffered yet another state he cannot statistically put in future tomes - shame.

solus

Well OC for ME, isn’t that what the infamous Dr. Lott’s premise was...citizen’s CC privilege ‘lowered’ community violence per se., but property crimes statistically went up?

Ghost1958

All this is much ado about nothing.
Kentuckians who wanted to carreied concealed long before the permit scheme came about in the 90s.
Most that didn't go out of state much continued too without a permit after the permit scheme was illegally set up by the state.

The "training " could be passed by a reasonably intelligent chimp. The shooting course by a blind man.

Nothing is going to change except the state lost a,revenue source and KSP won't get to run their monthly background check on ccdw holders because most who have them now won't renew them.

Oh and courthouses are legal to carry in KY.

Ghost1958

What would be nice is it KC3 officers would stop taking interviews and making statements like "most people who carry don't carry regularly " as,if they have the faintest clue who carries when or where. When they obviously can't and dont.

Or " we will see an increase in permits".

When pigs fly. Other states state police don't violate,permit holders privacy monthly with a background check like the KSP does.

Along with other statements of fact that are actually the speakers wishful thinking.

Chief Ten Beers

I went out and around today, and I opened carried all day long, or at least for the time I was out and around going where I needed to go and doing what I needed to do. :)🔫