• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault Weapons Bill

jackjack

Call your Legislators Now!

Don't be lazy and call your elected officials today!

Tell other gun owners and gun stores to take action against this.

This will be voted on in 6 days! This is a battle we must not lose. :eek:

This will require registration, fingerprinting, photo id, and much more! :uhoh:

This link will give you contact information to all elected officials both state and federal.

CALL or EMAIL NOW!!
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

Short summery of bill:
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2012/feinstein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx

Please Post and Repost!

Murphy

Interesting wording on this bill...If it goes across the way it is written it has literally banned just about every type of long arm and a lot of handguns.

My dad 14 round .22 LR Tubefed Remington Nylon 66 and his Marlin 22 LR with 12 round tube would now be considered "Assault weapons".

Hmmm..so would my 1853 .58 caliber Enfield Percussion Musket....

This has nothing to do with "assault weapons". It's legislation to begin banning gun ownership period...

eye95

It all concerns me, but what concerns me most is the national registration database. It stinks of being one vote from confiscation.

I don't advocate such, but we are getting really close to the government pushing folks into armed rebellion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

PFC HALE

It all concerns me, but what concerns me most is the national registration database. It stinks of being one vote from confiscation.

I don't advocate such, but we are getting really close to the government pushing folks into armed rebellion.

<o>

standing by!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Interesting wording on this bill...If it goes across the way it is written it has literally banned just about every type of long arm and a lot of handguns.
This has nothing to do with "assault weapons". It's legislation to begin banning gun ownership period...

It all concerns me,..................It stinks of being one vote from confiscation.

<o>

I wonder if this has anything to do with that large purchase of ammunition by the government last year? Was it insider information about pricing going up or was it something else.

Last edited:

motoxmann

yes, as mentioned above, they worded this bill almost perfectly to make almost every rifle in existence be deemed an assault weapon, as well as a large majority of all mag-fed handguns

notice how it says weapons that are grandfathered must be approved by local authorities to comply with state and local laws? that part right there basically allows anything that could potentially be grandfathered be genuinely illegal no matter what, prone to confiscation by local authorities.
especially considering it means that a local authority would have to personally inspect the weapon to deem it legal. I'd bet money the majority of legal guns that get inspected for this get immediately confiscated on the spot of inspection, and incorrectly deemed illegal, and nothing the owner can do about it

Is that a link to the bill, or to a summary of the bill?

that's a summary of the bill. the actual bill as written will be presented on january 3rd

I wonder if this has anything to do with that large purchase of ammunition by the government last year? Was it insider information about pricing going up or was it something else.

...or if this past month's frenzy by law abiding citizens buying guns and ammo has anything to do with anything... I smell another civil war in the ingredients pile, about to be added to the mixing bowl we call America

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

At best they will get magazine limits passed, basically useless IMO, unless you do a mandatory buyback of the tens of millions already in the hands of citizens.

There will likely be no ban on AR style rifles...I said likely.

Regarding fingerprinting...we already do that here in Washington state for CC....they have my fingerprints anyhow, so I don't give a damn either way.

currently stroking her Beretta 92FS.

Jeff. State

Banned
At best they will get magazine limits passed, basically useless IMO, unless you do a mandatory buyback of the tens of millions already in the hands of citizens.

There will likely be no ban on AR style rifles...I said likely.

Regarding fingerprinting...we already do that here in Washington state for CC....they have my fingerprints anyhow, so I don't give a damn either way.

currently stroking her Beretta 92FS.

So nice of them to demand fingerprinting to ALLOW you to exercise your Rights. Or a license/permit/PERMISSION for that matter.

eye95

It's so interesting to see posters who are about to lose their rights based on politicians that they supported try to wriggle out of admitting that they helped put these gun-grabbers in control. Thanks a lot.

I don't think there is any separating an AWB from a hi-cap mag ban. We will either get both or get neither. We should be working to ensure neither.

Also, it is not a matter of them getting fingerprints they already have. It is a matter of them building a database that will facilitate confiscation. This list will be an absolute link between specific firearms and specific owners.

Shame on any sheep willing to accept this.

Last edited:

jackjack

Has anyone contacted the legislators?

Anyone contact their legislators? :question:

I've already called my representatives and senators at the state and federal level. I made sure to send a message to the governor as well.

I've been spreading the word to those who are like minded and encourage them to contact their representatives. I've avoided talking about it to pro-ban people or middle-of-the-roaders. I would rather them stay ignorant of the bill until it is too late for them to take action against our efforts.

eye95

Sent to my House member, Steve Austria (I had to look him up, being new to Ohio and this district). Curiously, when submitted, all the paragraphing was removed, turning my prose into a wall of text, the kind I hate reading and won't read. I suspect no one at Austria's office (let alone him) will actually read it. They will likely check for some key words, determine that I am a gun-nut, and send me a canned reply that will tell me that Austria "fully supports the Second Amendment." We'll see.

Here is the text:

If you vote for any bill that further restricts the already too restricted Right to Keep and Bear Arms, I will vote against you in 2014. I am a new voter to Ohio, but I have the same high expectations for my representatives to respect my Liberty that I had when I lived in Alabama.

Our one-time Republic, now just a nation, has strayed from the Liberty-minded, bottom-up structure that the Founders and Framers sought. Instead, we now have a top-down, all-powerful federal government over which the average citizen feels he exerts no influence.

There are a lot more fixes that are necessary to restore the Republic to its proper balance, where the People and the States are sovereign over a federal government operating within its tiny constitutional box, having a tiny influence on our day-to-day lives, but the absolute WRONG step is to expand the federal government's reach and diminish personal Liberty!

I expect you not only to vote against Feinstein's bill, but to actively work against it and any other bills that will further restrict the ability of law-abiding citizens to Keep and Bear Arms.

This is a must even viewed solely from the standpoint of protecting Liberty. However, if you need a practical reason for dismantling most gun-control legislation, look at where the mass shootings almost always occur--gun-free zones! These shooters are looking for the defenseless. This last time, he found our most precious resources, our children, left totally defenseless.

Instead of further restricting the Right, we should be removing restrictions that don't make sense, like gun-free school zones. Regulating the carry within school buildings makes sense. We want staff members who carry to be well-trained and to be able to keep their firearm secure from little hands. Banning carry within the building does not make sense. And banning carry within 1000 feet is just moronic and oppressive.

Either way, where one is restricted from carry is NOT a federal issue. Let the States do what the Founders and Framers intended. Let them create a marketplace of governments (that will range from tyrannical to near-total Liberty) from which the People can choose. That is true Liberty: the ability to vote with one's feet.

Like I said, I expect you to actively advance the Right to Keep and Bear Arms--and Liberty in general. Anything less is unacceptable and will cause me to vote for anyone but you. This current effort to increase federal interference with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a make-or-break issue. Work hard on the correct side of it.

ON EDIT: I also sent this same email to my two senators. Curiously, only one offered the topic "Gun Control." You guessed it! The Democrat, Brown. I was disappointed to see that neither of the Republicans offered "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms" as a possible topic, although Portman did offer "Civil Rights/Humanities" and the opportunity to further add a subject line of my choosing, which I filled with the RKBA. Damned Democrats. When they think of guns, they automatically think to "control" them, like they try to control everything and all of us.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

B92, I must apologize as I find this strangely stimulating.

LOL.

Back to the AWB, I think it's a boon for firearm retailers, all of this fear mongerring. Individuals who are paranoid are running out and paying top dollar, fear mongerring prices.

Yes, I vote for President Obama, both times...I am proud to have voted for him. With that said, I see mag limits, maybe, nothing else. Any AWB is dead on arrival in the House, and in the senate.

LkWd_Don

LOL. ~~ snipped ~~ Any AWB is dead on arrival in the House, and in the senate.

I would not hold my breath on that.

There have been far too many (supposedly) spontaneous events (no one can convince me these are not Government set-ups) that have occurred that will play on the emotions of a lot of usually rational people, (almost like they were designed to do just that) that might not go along with such legislation, that may now be willing to capitulate.

Beretta92FSLady

I would not hold my breath on that.

There have been far too many (supposedly) spontaneous events (no one can convince me these are not Government set-ups) that have occurred that will play on the emotions of a lot of usually rational people, (almost like they were designed to do just that) that might not go along with such legislation, that may now be willing to capitulate.

There have already been a couple more shootings since the elementary school shooting, and not much of a peep from anti gunners. There is something coming down the pipe, not an AWB though. We will likely see more money requested formental health services, but thats it.