• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attention Ohio CHL-holders: Calanni Auto Service wants your business!

PavePusher

imported post

Via http://www.keepandbeararms.com/news/nl/disp.asp?d=9/2/2009:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6855

"Attention Ohio CHL-holders: Calanni Auto Service wants your business!

One of the more frequent compaints from Ohio concealed handgun license (CHL) -holders is the number of "no-guns" signs posted in businesses. Although the number of signs has definitely decreased in the five years since the successful self-defense law was passed, far too many businesses - especially in urban areas - still post signs telling some of their customers that they are not welcome.

So it is a welcome change indeed when a business not only refuses to post the offensive and unsafe signs, but actually spends marketing dollars to encourage CHL-holders to shop at their store. And that is exactly what an automotive repair facility in northeast Ohio is doing!"

See link for rest of story. It doesn't say how they feel about OC, but they are certainly headed in the correct direction. Good job, Ohio!

Deanimator

imported post

I suppose Calanni has to do SOMETHING to get business. They have, bar none, the worst reputation of any auto shop in NE Ohio, maybe Ohio in general. If you do some research on them, you'll be simply astonished.

PavePusher

imported post

Oops, that would put this in a different light.

For the record, I have no affiliation with the dealership, in fact I haven't been in Ohio in over 16 years, and that was just a drive-through.

Deanimator

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Oops, that would put this in a different light.

For the record, I have no affiliation with the dealership, in fact I haven't been in Ohio in over 16 years, and that was just a drive-through.
One of the weeklies, "Scene" or "Free Times" (Only "Scene" is left now) did an in depth article on Calanni. It was ugly, and backed up by the experience of my former employer. My predecessor had them do some sketchy "repairs" on a car he'd bought with money borrowed from the company. He then registered the car in the name of the company, taking mileage and expenses on what was a COMPANY car. When he was fired for theft, we demanded return of the car. It was being "fixed" by Calanni, who had to be threatened with legal action to release the car. We cubed it and donated the scrap to charity.