• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auburn University Students for Concealed Carry

armyman_83

Hello Everyone,

First few posts today, but I wanted to say I am the current Vice President for the Auburn University chapter of Students for Concealed Carry. We have been working hard to get things to change on campus. But currently there is no statute or law that prohibits carrying on campus. School policy says otherwise, however, we are working on trying to get a bill or though AG opinions to help further our cause. Just thought I would let everyone know that Auburn University is active in the 2nd Amendment fight. If anyone has any ideas to help us please let me know!

War Eagle.

eye95

War Eagle!

My son is a member of this site. I recently joined him as an Ohio resident, so we are both now Alabama ex-patriates. He is an Auburn grad and supports the RKBA. He has been inactive on OCDO, but if you PM him, and I prompt him, he just might support your effort. His screen name is omalley576.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

aadvark

army_man83:

The Laws of The State of Alabama ALLOW Firearms on School Property for Children if The Person has a Pistol Permit, Pursuant to 13A-11-72(e), but The Term 'Public School' means ONLY Grades K-12, Pursuant to Alabama Code 13A-11-72(f).

Alabama ALLOWS Firearms on University Porperty by Default, because; there are NO Laws against that Practice.

Alabama Law 11-80-11 Preempts and Pecludes Local Governments from Regulating Firearms, AND Alabama Law 11-45-1.1 Preempts The ENTIRE Subject-Matter of Pistols to The State of Alabama.

Unless The University of Auburn is Private Property..., Auburn University CANNOT Regulate Pistols at all, and its Authrity to Regulate Firearms other than Pistols is SEVERELY Limited in its Scope.

aadvark

eye95

That is one possible legal interpretation, and the one that, IMO, is the correct interpretation. However, until someone carries at AU and is expelled for doing so, then challenges the expulsion in court, we can't KNOW that the court will see it that way.

I don't think that we should be advising students that AU cannot have a policy against carry when they will be the ones at legal peril if they do carry on campus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>