• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belmar meet this Sunday

mahkagari

Well, that basically sums it up. Good food, great conversation, and no outside interference. It was just a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Good to hear. I was about to start checking the police blotter. Details, please. :) Where'd you eat? Positive responses? Everyone ignore you?

M-Taliesin

SHPADOINKLE DAY in BELMAR!

Howdy Folks!
Well, I guess I was the first to arrive. On my way over to Belmar, I rehearsed scenarios in my head if an LEO encounter should take place, espcially one as inappropriate as Lokster suffered a few weeks back. It wasn't that I was looking for a confrontation, but more about being mentally prepared if one should arise.

After I was unable to locate the Target store using Mapquest or Google Earth, I asked where this location was. LittleMan answered by saying:
"Wadsworth and alameda pretty much. It's an outside mall with a big parking lot by target. then the fountain is right near there, can't miss it."
Well, I managed to miss the fountain twice as I drove by. I didn't see any fountain, so asked a citizen where one might be concealed. They pointed me in the right direction and I parked my car and walked across to the plaza. Oh, there's the fountain. Only it didn't look anything like a fountain. It was more a water cascade down a terrace of granite. Sure, you can't miss it... if you're standing in the plaza!!! LOL!

After taking bearings and walking around the plaza, it became glaringly obvious why sushi was suggested as a place to chomp down. A sushi restaurant dominated the east side of the plaza. I walked around it to the next street and saw a man coming my way with a weapon on his hip. I stood and waited for him to get close and learned he is Lokster, returned again to the scene of the crime!!! LOL! We walked together to a table and sat down to chat while awaiting others.

Next to show up was JamesB. After awhile, LittleMan arrived with his lovely girlfriend. She really is pretty, and I don't give real names without permission, so will refer to her here as LM's/gf.

We chatted merrily on a variety of topics, including the incident that happened to Lokster at Belmar and how the attempt to deal with this incident was going. It must have been about 30 minutes later when Skopro walked up and introduced himself. He said he'd walked past maybe 3 or 4 times and couldn't find anybody OC'ing. Of course, we were right there in the open at a table on the plaza, right in the middle of the whole sheebang and plain to see. But that's okay, he eventually found us and joined the festivities.

After more conversation, we moved on to the Montana Grill for some good eating. They offer bison burgers, steaks and all manner of delicious victuals, and we dined together at a table that accomodated our party of 6 nicely. Eventually we returned to the plaza, beltlines a bit snugger and feeling sated.

Here are some photos I shot, but not very many. Skopro, somewhat anxious about OC'ing in public, wasn't wearing his sidearm. He isn't in the photos I shot because he made his decision to go get his pistol and strap it on. So he was absent at that particular time. But he returned OC'ing, and we spent some time trying to help him feel comfortable with his decision to carry.

This first photo is (from left to right) Lokster, LittleMan and LM's/gf!

2372550540100192736S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's a solo shot of JamesB.

2092462840100192736S600x600Q85.jpg

I was surprised how really tiny my companions turned out to be! Actually, they have a bench at the plaza that is way oversized and gives the illusion that people are really tiny.

2296081450100192736S600x600Q85.jpg

On this reverse angle, you can see LM's/GF looking at the fountain, with LittleMan and Lokster chatting with JamesB on the far right.

2040751180100192736S600x600Q85.jpg

As the sun started setting, we broke up our meeting and headed on home without any incident at all.
We enjoyed terrific food, excellent companionship and an afternoon of fun in Belmar.

I think the best way to describe our day is.... SHPADOINKLE!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Lokster

Yes, it was a great time and truly a pleasure meeting everyone who was able to make it out! Indeed the food was tasty, probably the best buffalo steak I've ever had. M-Taliesin kept us laughing constantly with his jokes and captivating story telling abilities! I have a feeling it won't be our last OC meet. :banana:

TheLittleMan

Looks like a good time was had. On a separate note, Littleman, when is your gf going to start carrying too? ;)

HaHa well as JamesB was telling us, Female gun owners think things out a bit more than the males, and must "accessorize". They need a new belt and several holsters for different situations; She will begin carrying sometime this month I believe. If not then for sure early next month.

The Belmar meet was a huge success and hopefully we can organize some bigger ones in the future; as well as attract new members. M.Taliesin was entertaining as usual and the entire group had a great time. Glad Skopro finally grabbed his piece and OCed with us, It was a great day. Security passed by us a few times but never bothered us. I personally didn't see any cops so obviously no trouble there.

Hope to see everybody again soon :)