• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BFPE decision being appealled - guy refused to show permit, BFPE gave it back

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/PublicCaseDetail.aspx?DocketNo=HHBCV146026730S

You can read the complaint in the attached link.

Basically Mr. Lazurek was minding his own business when a cop asked for his permit..no RAS or PC. He refused, they charged him with interfering ... permit was revoked....criminal charges dismissed..he appeals the revocation of his permit...he won an appeal at the BFPE.

Now the state appeals and wins a stay of the BFPE decision ... guy is still w/o his permit...

The state is totally off base and is jerking this guy around royally. The BFPE will win its case..maybe...it will depend on the judge..judge shuman will tow the party line and sustain the appeal and then either the BFPE will decide to appeal that or Mr. Lazurek will have to do this on his own (if he files an appearance in the case).

An outrageous decision by the state to appeal in this case.

We should stop convicting people of crimes until all gun laws are repealed .. then permits are moot

Side armed

David,
I know you are a staunch opponent of the governing bodies and I applaud your efforts to fight the system. But in this case the guy could have alleviated all of this by just showing his permit to the officers. I don't care if they had PC or RAS they have the power and can make your life miserable legal or not. Why would you intentionally temp fate when it is so easy to display your permit to them? I completely understand your stance on these types of subjects and do not disagree with your views but I went through hell and back to get my permit why wouldn't I want to proudly show it to an officer who requests I do so?

Losing your permit and significant amounts of time and money isn't a reasonable thing to have to undergo in my opinion just to a prove point really. I know you will disagree whole heartedly but this to me is just idiocy. And he may very well lose his privilege to carry for life in this state. Plus he is going to have all of this on his record for eternity. I want to stay below the radar as much as possible at all costs.

Last edited:

korwintkr

I agree in principle that the guy didn't have to show it and shouldn't have been arrested. But in practice, I agree with Side armed. Show it and move along. Or don't, and face the possibility of getting arrested and all the hassle that goes along with it. Fight the good fight for everyone else - which is what is happening. Why complain about the case when it's cases that help clarify laws and set precedent?

That can either help everyone else or cause laws to be rewritten to be more restrictive than we already have.

Although in this case, the State appealing the BFPE decision is a bit questionable. I wonder what their position is? Are there other facts not presented here about the case? Is the State trying to set precedent of their own? Does the State really want to dedicate resources to fighting these kinds of things?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
CT is not a stop & ID state nor do you have to show a permit when requested.

Don't turn into sheep bros.

What would you find objectionable when carrying in an encounter with a cop?

Last edited: