• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

boise fairgrounds carry

AK47hero

we can carry being owned by the state right? I asked last year and they told me they were looking for bootleggers, controlled substances and illegal carry.

DCR

They still may hassle, unfortunately

Last year I had a utility knife- not a firearm, a freaking 3.5 inch utility knife in a scabbard on my belt - and 20 feet past the gate a "security" guy asked me to go take it back to my car. I declined, reminding him of a right to carry and no legal prohibition. He acknowledged I had the right to keep it, but said "I'm just ASKING you to take it off because we are trying to keep the fair FAMILY FRIENDLY."

HUH?!?

I again declined and walked on, but it showed me we still have much education to do.

Carry on, and please report your experiences, positive or negative.

DCR

Sharp Things

Spot-on, as usual, @carracer

Sharp things and all the other "deadly or other dangerous weapons" are not included in statewide pre-emption, which, short-sightedly, were left out.
Do we need additional legislation (*sigh* more laws) to further clarify that the RKBA applies to ALL arms, not just bangenshutzens? It would appear so....sad that we have to reign in local government in Idaho.

Last edited: