• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady group up to no good

MKEgal

The shooter nearly stole the gun... left money on the counter but didn't do paperwork.
How is that the fault of the store? Were they supposed to tackle him & hold him for police?

The guy was caught & convicted of murder:
He's now 33 years old, serving a 101-year sentence

But the criminal being punished wasn't good enough for the Brady Bunch:
The Brady [Bunch] sued the gun store owner in 2008 on behalf of [the victim's] family, accusing [the gun store] of negligently providing [the killer] with the weapon. A Superior Court judge ruled in October that the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act gives immunity to the gun dealer...

The group filed a brief with the Alaska Supreme Court today asking the court to reverse the lower court's decision to dismiss the case.

"Congress did not give reckless gun dealers immunity from the long-established rules that govern everyone else in society," Brady Center's Paul Helmke said. "Even if Congress wanted to deprive gun-violence victims of their civil rights to seek justice in the courts, the Constitution does not allow it."

The victim's family got the closest thing to justice - the killer is serving a life sentence.
I wonder if the Brady Bunch would go after a car maker after their product was used to murder by DUI?
Or the dealer that sold it?
Or maybe the petroleum company that made the gas?
Or the station that sold it?

Kingfish

I wonder if the Brady Bunch would go after a car maker after their product was used to murder by DUI?
Or the dealer that sold it?
Or maybe the petroleum company that made the gas?
Or the station that sold it?
If they thought they could make a buck off it then yes, I believe they would.