• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bristol Range Posted: No CCW

papa bear

i will not give any Anti business my money. i will also at every opportunity give them a "No gun = no money" card and let them know why i will not do business with them

oak1971

What do the signs at the Bristol range actually say?

I need to get a picture of the sign I saw, but this is from their web site.

Concealed Carry and open carry firearms are not allowed on CCKC!

At the August 8, 2011 Board of Directors meeting, the board determined that concealed carry or open carry firearms will not be allowed on the ranges.

This decision was made with operational safety being the primary concern. The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line. The board also determined that it did not want concealed permit holders practicing from the draw during normal hours of operation as it can be dangerous for adjacent shooters on the line.

This decision does not impact the use of holsters for possible special events and training programs or during Action Pistol, Action Steel, Cowboy, or Urban Action Matches!

M

McX

i feel so much better knowing only the beautiful, hand picked people, at special times will be allowed their rights.

Interceptor_Knight

How about carrying an uncased rifle or handgun from the car to the firing line? They didn't think this one through if they do not prohibit this practice since State law does not require a case. Frankly, any range which allows it during a public sight-in is silly not to have a parking lot detail to check the chambers as the "customers" exit their vehicles.

MKEgal

The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line.
Because those evil self-motivated pistols are so prone to escaping the confines of their holsters & going on shooting rampages...
:banghead:
Idiots.
Besides, the pistols that are loaded would likely be going downrange with their owners.

oak1971

Because those evil self-motivated pistols are so prone to escaping the confines of their holsters & going on shooting rampages...
:banghead:
Idiots.
Besides, the pistols that are loaded would likely be going downrange with their owners.

My sentiments exactly.:cuss:

davidmcbeth

Banned
How about carrying an uncased rifle or handgun from the car to the firing line? They didn't think this one through if they do not prohibit this practice since State law does not require a case. Frankly, any range which allows it during a public sight-in is silly not to have a parking lot detail to check the chambers as the "customers" exit their vehicles.

they likely would want a rifle to be cleared and open before people went to get their targets when shooting is halted, right? if you walk up with your cased rifle, it would likely be OK in its case ... take it out and they'll want it displayed showing no rd in the chamber

Interceptor_Knight

they likely would want a rifle to be cleared and open before people went to get their targets when shooting is halted, right? if you walk up with your cased rifle, it would likely be OK in its case ... take it out and they'll want it displayed showing no rd in the chamber
I believe that you are not understanding my point. People will be coming to the range without a case. They will be walking up with uncased rifles. Except for school zones (and only if you are not a licensee) there is no Wisconsin requirement to case a firearm in a vehicle. This means that people could potentially be carrying loaded uncased rifles from their vehicles to the firing line whether or not someone is down range unless you have someone watching the parking lot.

Last edited:

E6chevron

I need to get a picture of the sign I saw, but this is from their web site.

Concealed Carry and open carry firearms are not allowed on CCKC!

At the August 8, 2011 Board of Directors meeting, the board determined that concealed carry or open carry firearms will not be allowed on the ranges.

This decision was made with operational safety being the primary concern. The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line. The board also determined that it did not want concealed permit holders practicing from the draw during normal hours of operation as it can be dangerous for adjacent shooters on the line.

This decision does not impact the use of holsters for possible special events and training programs or during Action Pistol, Action Steel, Cowboy, or Urban Action Matches!

Thanks for that information.

They are basically just extending the same concept that is used in firearms handling on the range, to any personal firearms that are carried either for open carry or concealed carry purposes:

All firearms must be unloaded and chambers open, before anyone can go downrange.

FLR&@

Bristol has had this attitude for years, the sign went up months before the C.C.W. law went into effect.

I have assisted with a few classes and shot there once or twice over the years. Unless you are one of the “cool kids” you are not safe enough, trained right, or know what you are doing.

Last time I taught there the board changed the rules 7 times on me / us in one weekend. And who could forget the old man “board member” who stood watch over class like a hungry scavenger, interjecting snippets of his wisdom at will like: Remember drag the person you just had to shoot back into the house.. ect.

Unless you have no other choice why even go there? Try R.C.L.R.C. or D.B.

Last edited:

Peacekeeper

What a shame ... I often go target shooting alone and choose to wear a security sidearm. You never know if some "unfriendly" persons could be watching and waiting.

papa bear

my personal feelings is this, if you do not trust me to carry on your range then you can't trust me anywhere. we do not need an anti self defense gun range. do not give your money to them

everybody on this board needs to drop them a line and tell them exactly why we wont go to an anti firearm business. remind them of the second amendment. let them know why they will lose business. remember don't let a friend shoot at an anti's range