• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Budget bill

M

McX

I do not poke fun at or am disrespectful of mechanics,

rare these days, but none the less appreciated. we prefer to be called:

Automotive Technicians
Automotive Surgeons
Automotive gods

instead of what we usually get called.

to the disgruntled i was taught to respond: 4 B's: i didnt build it, i didnt break it, i didnt buy it, so dont bitch at me.

phred

Automotive Technicians
Automotive Surgeons
Automotive gods

sorry McX

I like the Automotive Surgeon.

"But Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic"

No truer words have been spoken

protias

Automotive Technicians
Automotive Surgeons
Automotive gods

instead of what we usually get called.

to the disgruntled i was taught to respond: 4 B's: i didnt build it, i didnt break it, i didnt buy it, so dont bitch at me.

Grease monkeys? :monkey :p

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
i never got the glamour job, or the fancy title, but there have been some moments to share:

pulling a dead cooked cat out of an engine compartment
a car that stunk so bad we could only work on it with the overhead doors in the shop open, and only for a few minutes at a time before getting the dry heaves.
the classic customers: McX, i'm your friend, i promice to pay you............times like 8 or 10 so far.
and the appreciators as i call them: they bring a car in so bad off, then want me to fix one item, and dont think they should pay for it when the car dies anyway. the insultors; who think insulting me will help their line of crap go further with me. the intimidators; who usually change their minds about advancing on me, in my own place, when they see the gun on my hip, the classic i'm gonna sue yous- go for it, were here all week, lawyer on a paid retainer, the junk yard dogs; put this junk yard alternator on, and warranty it too, the i didnt do it's; how did these wires get all crossed up, and then joined together with scotch tape?- i didnt do it.........................and every once in awhile an OC-er will come in, like a breath of fresh air, appreciate what we do, pay their bill, thank us, and come back again. OC-ers are the only ones who usually dont give me any crap, besides my preferred customers.

Sure your not a Mechanic ? Charles Bronson made them trendy in his movie..The Mechanic :)

protias

Here I thought it was Greece Monkeys. Now it makes sense. I didn't think there were monkeys in Greece, but ya never know.
At least he isn't a brass monkey. :p

[video=youtube;nBbQyXZvkbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbQyXZvkbA[/video]

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Anyone else been watching on Wisconsin Eye these whinny Dems in the Assembly Crying about the FACT they are the Minority ?& are going to lose.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
FINALLY !! after watching the Assembly from the pledge this morning to the Gavel dropping at 1:09 am - SB11 passed the Assembly with a Vote of 57-17 on to the Senate. Now maybe we can get to Concealed carry....maybe

BROKENSPROKET

FINALLY !! after watching the Assembly from the pledge this morning to the Gavel dropping at 1:09 am - SB11 passed the Assembly with a Vote of 57-17 on to the Senate. Now maybe we can get to Concealed carry....maybe

I have gotten very little sleep as I have been watching this almost none stop. Finally the SB11 is in the Senate.

Not so fast, Glock 34. The budget will be introduced on Tuesday and the debate will start all over again.

And after that, voter id, will be next.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I have gotten very little sleep as I have been watching this almost none stop. Finally the SB11 is in the Senate.

Not so fast, Glock 34. The budget will be introduced on Tuesday and the debate will start all over again.

And after that, voter id, will be next.

I know & we can count oh the loser Democrats to drag it out . more theatrics