• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch

Rusty Young Man

Hello there everyone,

I wanted to get a feel for what Saturday would work best for another OC outing, this time preceded by some time at the range!:)

Details:
Who: OCers, CCers, and other Freedom-loving individuals.
What: OC lunch and range time
Where: the range will be the Scottsdale Gun Club, and the eatery will be David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food, a great place we found some months back.:)
When: Saturday, 31st of January. Range from 11 am, Lunch at 1:45 pm (gives range attendees time to navigate the congested streets of Scottsdale).
Why: Because perfect practice makes perfect, and friendly banter among friends never hurts.

The manager told me his establishment abides by and respects AZ law, so we are welcome in his establishment and our lawfully-carried sidearms are welcome. Also, he'd like a rough estimate of how many people will be in our group so as to make preparations, so PLEASE let me know so I can give him the numbers.:)

Addresses:
Scottsdale Gun Club
14860 N. Northsight Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/contact-63

David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food
7212 E Main St
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7212+E+Main+St,+Scottsdale,+AZ+85251

As always, one need not carry to join us; OC, CC, or no-C, just grace us with your company and let us hear what New Year's Resolution you've already given up on.:p

We're hoping to make this a monthly occurrence, so let me know of places that have respected our RKBA and our choice to OC (also, remember that some of our members are under 21 and cannot CC or receive a CCW permit).
Again, let me know which of these Saturdays works best for you and yours.:)

Last edited:

ODAAT

Hello there everyone,

I wanted to get a feel for what Saturday would work best for another OC outing, this time preceded by some time at the range!:)

Details:
Where: Scottsdale Gun Club, and a great burger place we found some months back (will be calling them to see if it can be a "formal" event).;)
When: Saturday in January; looking at the possibility of the 31st, though the 17th or 24th would work as well.
Why: Because perfect practice makes perfect, and friendly banter among friends never hurts.

As always, one need not carry to join us; OC, CC, or no-C, just grace us with your company and let us hear what New Year's Resolution you've already given up on.:p

We're hoping to make this a monthly occurrence, so let me know of places that have respected our RKBA and our choice to OC (also, remember that some of our members are under 21 and cannot CC or receive a CCW permit).
Again, let me know which of these Saturdays works best for you and yours.:)

Oh wow! I fly into PHX on the 17th but not until late afternoon - flying in for five days so I can lock a house to rent in PV for my move to AZ in February!

Even though I can't make this one, I'm salivating over the move being so close to happening already!

PeterNSteinmetz

"Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch

I can make it any of those days and am happy with any of them.

I think a publicly announced event would be nice if the restaurant is good with that.

Last edited:

Javelina

So far so good

As of right now 17th or 31st would work for me (31st best for getting my hands on more ammo). Let me know that way I can block out the day for sure, worse case scenario I dont have ammo and can do lunch only, either way a fun time will be had by all :)

Last edited:

Javelina

He carries a S&W 40 cal. chambered gun last I heard. Specifically a glock22 ;)

He'll need 15+1 & another 15 for the spare mag, assuming he owns own. :p

This is correct ^^^ I'll try and pick up 100 rounds for the day as well as some cheap practice ammo that I can run through my P-64 (Shoots Makarov 9x18mm).

Rusty Young Man

Just got off the phone; it looks like we found a place we can patronize for respecting state law and allowing the LAWFUL carry of self-defense tools in their establishment.:cool:

The manager has simply asked that they be given a day&time, as well as a rough estimate of the number of reservations.:)

ODAAT

Have you locked a date yet?

If it's the 31st, I can be there! My move drive from anti-land (is that a valid word for California?) will bring me into town that day or the day before... Would be an epic way to start my new free state life!

And the 1st opportunity for me to open carry, outside my home, legally! #JustSayin

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Glad to hear you're finally escaping the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia (AKA "Kalifornia" or "Commiefornia" for short; other names are understood too:D).

Haven't finalized the date yet; we're shooting for :)p) the date with the most people available. But I'll post the full details here, update the original post and send PMs when it is.:)

Rusty Young Man

The finalized details

Mark your calendars, the date is set! "Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch details below.

Details:
Where: the range will be the Scottsdale Gun Club, and the eatery will be David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food, a great place we found some months back.:)
When: Saturday, 31st of January. Range from 11 am, Lunch at 1:45 pm (gives range attendees time to navigate the congested streets of Scottsdale).

One need not carry to join us; OC, CC, or no-C, just grace us with your company and let us hear what New Year's Resolution you've already given up on.:p

The manager told me his establishment abides by and respects AZ law, so we are welcome in his establishment and our lawfully-carried sidearms are welcome. Also, he'd like a rough estimate of how many people will be in our group so as to make preparations, so PLEASE let me know so I can give him the numbers.:)

Addresses:
Scottsdale Gun Club
14860 N. Northsight Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/contact-63

David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food
7212 E Main St
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7212+E+Main+St,+Scottsdale,+AZ+85251

P.S.: We're hoping to make the lunches a monthly occurrence, so let me know of places that have respected our RKBA and our choice to OC (remembering that some of our members are under 21 and cannot CC or receive a CCW permit).

Last edited:

ODAAT

Count me in!

Also, he'd like a rough estimate of how many people will be in our group so as to make preparations, so PLEASE let me know so I can give him the numbers.:)

I will be there. And what a truly positive, friendly way to mark my first day of living in Arizona!

Last edited:

Javelina

The Javelina will be there

Welcome & hope to see you both there. These events are always fun & it give us a chance to meet fellow freedom lovers. :cool:

The Javelina will be there as well, Mrs. Javelina may tag along but we are not sure as we would have to figure out a plan for Javelina Jr. Will there be other women OC'ing in attendance? The Mrs's has started to ponder the idea of carrying and it would be sweet if she could speak with other women who carry in any way.

Rusty Young Man

The Javelina will be there as well, Mrs. Javelina may tag along but we are not sure as we would have to figure out a plan for Javelina Jr. Will there be other women OC'ing in attendance? The Mrs's has started to ponder the idea of carrying and it would be sweet if she could speak with other women who carry in any way.

This is great news, since a larger group means a merrier group.:)
I can personally guarantee that AT LEAST one OCing lady will be in attendance, and not just some guy in drag either.;)

As odd as it may sound in this world of media over-generalization, it isn't just old, fat, white, Protestant males from the South who carry guns; I may be called old by my nieces and nephew, and I may be getting a little thick around the middle, but I'm sure I only adhere to one of the traits on the list, and one of the ladies may adhere to none of them.:p

ODAAT

Just checked out the range. Happy to see they can accommodate my AR15 so it looks like I'll bring that with me as well :)