• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch

Rusty Young Man

Sure I'll give it a shot, the food part anyways, not big on indoor ranges, get a headache real quick

No problem, we'd be happy to have you!:)

Just checked out the range. Happy to see they can accommodate my AR15 so it looks like I'll bring that with me as well :)

Yep. Saw several sporting rifles at the last range-lunch meet.
To answer a few questions some of you may have about SGC's range policies:

SGC FAQ page said:
Q: How much does it cost?
A: It is 15 dollars per person per hour to use the range.
Semi-automatic gun rental fees can be viewed here
Fully automatic machine gun rental fees can be viewed here
These prices do not included ammunition or targets.

Q: Am I allowed to shoot my own firearm?
A: Yes. You may bring your own firearms to shoot. We require all firearms to be in a secure case, range bag, or holstered prior to entering our facility. The ammunition must be range safe. No steel core or tracer rounds may be used.

Q: I have never shot before. Do I need to take a class?
A: You do not need prior instruction in order to shoot at our range. We do require that you watch a safety video and fill out a waiver (before) using our facilities. We also offer private instruction and a wide variety of classes for everyone from first time to veteran shooters.
A list of our available classes can be viewed here.
We always encourage firearms training to enhance proficiency and safety.
Q: Can I shoot rifles and shotguns at your range? What kind of ammunition is allowed?
A: Yes. We allow rifles under .50 calibers. We DO NOT allow ammunition that is steel core, armor piercing, tracer, incendiary, or bi-metal jacketed. Shotguns are allowed, however the rounds must be at least #4 buckshot (or larger), or slugs. No birdshot/target loads. We ask that you inform our range staff that you intend on shooting a rifle or shotgun prior to entering the range so that they may verify your ammunition is appropriate for use on our range.
Q: What type of clothing is required to use the range at Scottsdale Gun Club? Do you have a dress code?
A: We don't have a dress code, however, we recommend shooters wear closed-toed footwear and shirts that aren't low cut to avoid getting burned by spent shell casings.

Trust, but verify:p: http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/faq

Here is the link to their safety video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQEgiOHQm8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

BillyT

Count me in.

New to AZ and looking forward to meeting some new friends and getting in some range time. See you there

Rusty Young Man

Alright people, we're six days from the meet-up and I hope you're all as excited as I am.:)

There's many Freedom-loving folks to meet, much to talk about, and lots to eat:D.

ODAAT

Alright people, we're six days from the meet-up and I hope you're all as excited as I am.:)

There's many Freedom-loving folks to meet, much to talk about, and lots to eat:D.

I'm excited! I start my relocation drive Tuesday, stopping in Barstow, then two days in Vegas before I head in. I'll be staying in Scottsdale for a couple days, specifically to be part of the meet-up as my own official "welcome to Arizona" celebration. :)

ODAAT

Its today! Wait. "Every" day is "today" when we... oh nevermind! Hope to see and meet in person some great people today!

Rusty Young Man

A quick recap

Sorry for the late post (just got home). Met up with with some great people today for a fun time; FreeInAZ, ODAAT, and my family attended the lunch, and had a BLAST at the range :)p). I'll try to get some photos of the targets up by Monday.

ODAAT has shrugged off some of the chains of Tyranny by purchasing some STANDARD-capacity magazines (as opposed to the neutered-capacity mags, AKA "ten-round magazines"), and was even witness to an older gentleman thanking me (that's right, thanking) for carrying.:banana: Best OC experience I've had for sure, and a great way for ODAAT to begin his new life away from Kalifornia.:cool:

Only got a few looks, one or two pairs of saucer-eyes :)eek:), and a few curious glances at David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food ("Dave's", affectionately). Great food, service and vibe, and their decision to abide by state law and not render their patrons defenseless are all appreciated.:)

Thanks to FreeInAZ for coming out and sharing his expertise, passes, and guns with us, despite the malady which has currently befallen him.:( We hope for his prompt recovery.:)

Thanks also to ODAAT for his generosity and friendliness; it is clear the state of Kalifornia did not corrupt his Freedom-loving nature.:)

ODAAT

This was the best possible way I could have spent my first day living in Arizona! Glad to have been able to meet you Rusty, and FreeInAZ, though I hope he gets better soon!

Javelina

Let me know about next month

Rusty, let me know when we have a date planned out for this month or next month should we be doing anything. Mrs. Javelina and Javelina Jr were both sick so I had to miss out. :cry: