• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL 2nd MEETING

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

These are just a few of the topics that need discussion at the nextmeeting.

If anyone has any other ideas please post them here.

1) Finalize the name...(IMHO I really like CCDL)

2) Officers, Appointments and voting.

3) The Mission Statement

4) Purchasing a Domain name and setting up a website. (costs)

5) Finalize the date and time of all meetings.....(1st Monday or 3rd Thursday of every month)

Please people feel free to voice your opinions on other things that need to be discussed.

Thanks

TL

Kateryn

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
These are just a few of the topics that need discussion at the nextmeeting.

3) The Mission Statement

5) Finalize the date and time of all meetings.....(1st Monday or 3rd Thursday of every month)

Please people feel free to voice your opinions on other things that need to be discussed.

Thanks

TL
-Application fees and/or dues for members.
-Bylaw suggestions

romma

imported post

Code:
Sounds good so far. Venue ?.

Tuesday the 24th on March 2009... 7pm-9pm or sooner if we finish our agenda..

The Elks lodge (number 771) in Middletown

is located on 44 Maynard Street Middletown CT 06457

dwayner79

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
These are just a few of the topics that need discussion at the next meeting.

1) Finalize the name...(IMHO  I really like CCDL)

3) The Mission Statement

4)  Purchasing a Domain name and setting up a website. (costs)

Thanks

TL

I am a newb, but I would be happy to help with the Domain purchase and hosting, financially and technically.

uskrusader

imported post

Kateryn wrote:
-Application fees and/or dues for members.
-Bylaw suggestions

Agenda looks good,

Again, I'm kinda nervous about talk offees/dues....I would like to see people stand up together and fight as citizens without having to fork overANY of their hard earned $$.

Fees always go up, and people cut back for other causes. And people won't donate to the cause as much if they have to pay a mandatorymembership fee.....Especially if they're already paying other memberships.... NRA, GOofA, clubs, permit applications, ammo, tough economic times yadda, yadda.

IMHO, Free Citizens shouldn't have to pay a feeto jointheir neighborsin the defense of their God-given rights.

Grassroots Freedom baby! ;)Sign up, and give what you're willing to give! ....time, money, skills, however you can help the cause. (of course we'll still need an account for donations, sponsors, etc.)

We need to mutually encourage one another to rally and defend our freedoms! (not pay into a system.....like subjects of a government)

(of course, just myhumble opinion)

Cheers, and Carry On!

Kateryn

imported post

I do agree with your idea of being able to join free, the problem is that meeting places and such cost money. I am sure that if it was asked for a small fee from each person to help cover the cost of the meetings, you won't get too many complaints about that or people looking elsewhere. Dues don't have to go up unless the cost of meeting goes up for the group. Continuing to be able to carry at all is going to be a fight as time goes on, the cost of that fight won't be cheap and we can't rely on just a few good people whom are willing to contribute out of pocket. If some people just really can't afford to pay financially, nothing says they can't help out with time or knowledge in certain areas, but to the group as a whole it is a bit more fair to ask the whole to share the cost rather than just the few.

Just 10-20 dollars per person is not that much, and it will give the group the ability to afford to rent places to meet, the cost of supplies we may need, even the possibility of website costs if one is created. As more people join, bigger meeting places will be needed, renting costs go up. Right now the group may be pretty small and expenses can be covered by the generous donation offers that have been made. I am one that tends to look to the future of what will be needed and plan for that.

romma

imported post

Agreed Kateryn, maybe feedback from those that attend will clue us in on where we should go.

I like the grass roots idea, and hopefully that works all in of itself...

But I believe the newer members will offer insight on a microcosmic level of what can be expected.

dwayner79

imported post

Perhaps a teir'd membership. Free to join, dues for certain rights, etc. and just charge for large events when they have them.

Again, just an idea. I see both sides of the question, but I would hate to have anyone choose not to join because of money.

dwayner79

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
Sounds great!! Please try to make it to the next meeting.

Welcome aboard!!

TL

I will try... My wife is due any day, so I just have to work around the new little one.

Protector

imported post

I am more in favor of a donation/fundraiser scheme of funding our group. I do realize that any activities would cost money but they also cost time. More people are willing give time if they don't feel as though they had already given to the cause by giving money. However this is a topic that is certanly open for discussion at the next meeting.

romma

imported post

Code:
More people are willing give time if they don't feel as though they had already given to the cause by giving money.

Brilliant point very well put IMO.

Fritter60

imported post

Hey guys, works been killing me lately but I'll be there. Gotta keep the youthful (sp) voice in the group.

CFA= Connecticut Firearms Association (just another idea if you guys aren't happy with CCDL

romma

imported post

Code:
Gotta keep the youthful (sp) voice in the group.

:uhoh:Exactly what are you saying Fritter? Wait, let me put my hearing aid in first to make sure I catch this...:)

Look forward to seeing you...

uskrusader

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:

3) The Mission Statement

1. What kind of officers/duties do we think we need to be appoint and assign?

2. Mission Statement, Goals, Motto, Symbol/patch?What do we want? Who isworking on these?

I think these should be our primary focus for the meeting.... and we should probably have something prepared.

I'm also thinking offense, perhaps we should set goals to get our legistlators to work for us as they are supposed to.....rather than us be on the defense all the time. I'd like to organize public events (ie. OC events with media and spokesman) ASAP (in the Spring) with willing members.

Thoughts?

Carry On!