• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Application and Permit fee

AaronB

My wife has been begging me to get my CCW since we got married, she doesnt like the fact I have to unholster and dismantle my gun everytime we get in the car. So what is the application + permit fee in Idaho?

AK47hero

Initial application 34$
initial issue 30$

they say the background check will take 2-3 months but it only took me about 15 days after submitting my app to receive my permit

Hiredgun30

hey aaron... if you carry your gun openly in your vehicle, you dont need to dismantle or unload your gun...
in idaho your gun can be carried while loaded without a ccw, as long as it is discernible by normal observation....

i have carried a handgun openly in my vehicle in idaho since 1996 and have had no issues.

Last edited: