• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ccw wait time

rast1971

I was wondering how long it takes to get your ccw after the application is submitted. From what I have read is that you may apply in your county or counties that adjacent to yours. I live in richland county which I've been told takes 40 - 45 days. Does anyone know about Ashland,Huron,Knox,Crawford or Morrow. I'm just wondering if it would be better to get it in another county. I atill plan on open carrying put am a little tired of the unloading and storing in a motor vehicle dance.

philly

Franklin county took less than 24 hours when I got mine a few months ago:cool:

Brian D.

Been over 3 weeks from madison county. Nothing has changed. It was a renewal. Anyone know why this is taking so long?

Those of us who have been in OFCC a long time have seen this occur with troubling frequency especially in the rural counties. Believe it or not there may be only ONE sheriff's office employee tasked with CHL processing duties. If that person is sick, dead, on vacation, whatever there is supposedly no one else capable of filling in.

Always made me wonder if they had similar personnel shortages related to processing guests into/ out of their county detention facility as well. "Oh, sorry, Deppity Fred is visiting kin down in Georgia and he musta took the dang jail keys with him."

My advice is to give them the full 45 calendar days before going up the chain of command with your questions and or complaints.

EricB

Ccw wait time

I was wondering how long it takes to get your ccw after the application is submitted. From what I have read is that you may apply in your county or counties that adjacent to yours. I live in richland county which I've been told takes 40 - 45 days. Does anyone know about Ashland,Huron,Knox,Crawford or Morrow. I'm just wondering if it would be better to get it in another county. I atill plan on open carrying put am a little tired of the unloading and storing in a motor vehicle dance.

I applied on the 26th of June and it was ready on the 27th of June, but they didn't notify me at all. Just pick up today after calling to check on it.