• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CDA Costco OC

SovereigntyOrDeath

While shopping at the CDA Costco, I was asked to conceal my sidearm. The guy was polite and said he personally does not mind, but that some members got nervous. He also said since I was on private property, it would not be an issue with the LEO's. I told him no problem and tucked as much as possible under my sweater. The barrel was still sticking out and I left my spare mags visible.

Must have been nervous folks from Spokane. We get a lot of Washington state folks buying here due to their higher sales taxes.

The irony being that the more these "nervous folks" see open carry, they just might start being less nervous, or not at all.

OC Freedom

While shopping at the CDA Costco, I was asked to conceal my sidearm. The guy was polite and said he personally does not mind, but that some members got nervous. He also said since I was on private property, it would not be an issue with the LEO's. I told him no problem and tucked as much as possible under my sweater. The barrel was still sticking out and I left my spare mags visible.

Must have been nervous folks from Spokane. We get a lot of Washington state folks buying here due to their higher sales taxes.

The irony being that the more these "nervous folks" see open carry, they just might start being less nervous, or not at all.

Costco the company is not gun friendly, but I have heard that some stores are more lenient than others.

My wife will not give up her membership over the gun issue, but that doesn't mean I don't rebel a little every time I go to Costco. I will always open carry while getting gasoline, and as I check out that's the time to remove my coat and stroll slowly to the exit while open carrying. The Boise Costco management actually had an employee chase me down in the parking lot as I was leaving once to explain that they do not allow firearms in the store:lol: When the wife and I got done talking with this employee he didn't know what to say or do. When one starts using terms like civil rights, discrimination, oppression, and my wife telling him how offensive she finds Costco that they do not support the Constitution of the United States and that he (the employee) should rethink about working for such un-american company, well his face said it all, he turned around and went back to the store.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Update

On Saturday I went in OC as always and I decided not to conceal once in and shopping.

I spent my entire visit OC and nobody said a word or gave me a second look.

I will continue to do so from here on out.

FattyKrack

I know this is Idaho we're talking about here, but OC is -definitely- legal and popular in Wa, and in that neck of the woods as well. Carry on.

FattyKrack

I have once before I knew uhh "better". I CC now, just there. I would WinCo instead, but closest to me is 1hr, while Costco is 25min. Get shady looks even with a baggy shirt (etc. printing) and once was asked what I have under my shirt by an employee. I smiled and said my cell phone as I was standing there texting on it.
But really though, am sorta jealous.