• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Celebrate with Seconds" post-rally OC lunch

Rusty Young Man

Figured it would be both convenient and correct to have an OC lunch on the Saturday of the planned rally at the AZ Capitol; we could meet up at or right after the rally and have a meal to cap off the day.

Here is the AzCDL alert:
"Celebrate the 2nd Rally

Gun Rights Across America (GRAA) and Riders USA have teamed up for a rally supporting the Second Amendment on Saturday, February 21 at the Arizona State Capitol between Noon and 2 PM. More information can be found on the GRAA Arizona chapter Facebook page. You can also email Anthony Demas, the GRAA Arizona coordinator. AzCDL's president, Dave Kopp, has been invited to speak at the rally."

Here are the details for the "Celebrate with Seconds :)p)" post-rally OC lunch:

Who: All Freedom-loving individuals, OC, CC, or no-C.
What: an OC lunch following the "Celebrate the 2nd" rally
Where: TBA (an eatery in close proximity to the Capitol)
When: Saturday, 21st of February at 2:30 pm.
Why: Because we need to stand up for our Constitutionally-protected Rights, local businesses may only need to see how un-eventful OC is, and because we're trying to make the OC meet-ups a monthly event.:)

NOTE: I will update the details to reflect the status of the eatery location.

Jeff Hayes

Figured it would be both convenient and correct to have an OC lunch on the Saturday of the planned rally at the AZ Capitol; we could meet up at or right after the rally and have a meal to cap off the day.

Here is the AzCDL alert:
"Celebrate the 2nd Rally

Gun Rights Across America (GRAA) and Riders USA have teamed up for a rally supporting the Second Amendment on Saturday, February 21 at the Arizona State Capitol between Noon and 2 PM. More information can be found on the GRAA Arizona chapter Facebook page. You can also email Anthony Demas, the GRAA Arizona coordinator. AzCDL's president, Dave Kopp, has been invited to speak at the rally."

Here are the details for the "Celebrate with Seconds :)p)" post-rally OC lunch:

Who: All Freedom-loving individuals, OC, CC, or no-C.
What: an OC lunch following the "Celebrate the 2nd" rally
Where: TBA (an eatery in close proximity to the Capitol)
When: Saturday, 21st of February at 2:30 pm.
Why: Because we need to stand up for our Constitutionally-protected Rights, local businesses may only need to see how un-eventful OC is, and because we're trying to make the OC meet-ups a monthly event.:)

NOTE: I will update the details to reflect the status of the eatery location.

Three months in a row I can't make it due to prior commitments, one more try in March before I return to Washington.

Rusty Young Man

Three months in a row I can't make it due to prior commitments, one more try in March before I return to Washington.

You could post when you'd be available to meet up; this thread should work, seeing as it isn't necessarily off topic. Remember: "If you post it, they will come.":p

I'm locked in Tucson pretty much all weekdays, but I occasionally escape and visit the PHX area, though I can only do so on weekends. We could probably generate enough interest for a meetup before you have to head out.:)

FreeInAZ

Why go back? Stay & help us fight the commies here :cool:

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

You could post when you'd be available to meet up; this thread should work, seeing as it isn't necessarily off topic. Remember: "If you post it, they will come.":p

I'm locked in Tucson pretty much all weekdays, but I occasionally escape and visit the PHX area, though I can only do so on weekends. We could probably generate enough interest for a meetup before you have to head out.:)

The 8th of March looks like it would work, lunch on the west side, Avondale, ????

Javelina

Prior Commitments as well

Hate to say it but I have a ride-along scheduled all day that day at a local city fire department. We will have to see what March brings! :lol:

FreeInAZ

The heat in the summer. the same battles are happening in Washington, lets all fight everywhere as best as we can.

But it's a dry heat... ;) Just kidding. You are correct we have a nation wide battle on our hands against a Billionaire who has a armed security detail at all times, yet wants the average person to be defenseless? That pretty much is the definition of hypocrisy. :(

March 8 is a Sunday, if my calendar holds true. I have never been to Avondale, what's a good place for lunch and there?

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

I think I can squeeze in an OC meetup on the 8th of March, especially since it'll be a send-off of sorts for Jeff Hayes before he leaves for "hostile territory".:p...:(....:banghead:

Hate to say it but I have a ride-along scheduled all day that day at a local city fire department. We will have to see what March brings! :lol:

Are you referring to Saturday, 21st of February or Sunday, 8th of March?:confused:

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

But it's a dry heat... ;) Just kidding. You are correct we have a nation wide battle on our hands against a Billionaire who has a armed security detail at all times, yet wants the average person to be defenseless? That pretty much is the definition of hypocrisy. :(

March 8 is a Sunday, if my calendar holds true. I have never been to Avondale, what's a good place for lunch and there?

I have no idea where a good place for lunch would be, any place on the west side is good with me.

Rusty Young Man

Anyone have any good ideas in mind for a place to eat after the rally?

I'll be at the rally carrying my usual 1911 and signature hat. Might have someone join me. Hope to see you guys there.:)

FreeInAZ

To avoid confusion - there are two different lunches being talked about here - one near the rally on 2/21/2015 and then one on March 8 way out on the west side of the valley. ;)

Rusty -PM sent. FIA

Rusty Young Man

Alright, I believe I've found a good eatery that is quite near the rally area, and would accommodate a wide variety of tastes. I have not been there but the place has been described as a "hidden gem" on various review sites, and I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they simply aide by state law regarding lawful carry of self-defense tools.:)

I will be sending the eatery name and address by PM to those who express an interest in attending. I know this is short notice (the eatery location), but I'll check this thread before I head out at ~10:20 am.

If anyone decides to attend the rally at the last minute, simply look for the guy with the long black hair, dark sunglasses, sun-kissed complexion, white dress shirt, and black slacks OCing a stainless 1911.
Greet me by my handle and let me know yours, and we're good.:)

Add.
I've been told I look a bit like this guy (though a bit more, "voluptuous";)):
once_upon_a_time_in_mexico.jpgAssassins_29316_Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

A quick recap of the rally

Looked to be between 60-70 people there one hour and a half into the event (started with closer to 90), including lots of folks wearing AZCDL shirts and other gear, some NRA logo-clad folks, and one guy dressed like he had somehow wandered away from the 18th century (Patrick Henry;)). Felt pretty safe even with the evil assault-magazine clip rifle puppy-kicking guns :)rolleyes:) carried by some folks, and despite the two-three Capitol police cruisers serving as our personal security detail :)rolleyes:).

Had some great speakers at the rally, like Dave Kopp (who I had the pleasure of chatting with) and the aforementioned Patrick Henry, and got to hear from a self-described "not African-American, I'm an American", Ted Hayes.

While there, I even got to see the rarest of unicorns: a female OCing WHILE in the company of her kiddos!:banana:
Spoke to her and thanked her for OCing (gotta beat back the stereotype of carry being a thing only the manly-man does as part of being a man:rolleyes:; you know the media). Turns out she and her husband support OC, though they usually CC; they definitely understood that it doesn't matter so much HOW you choose to carry, just that one choose to carry, period.:)

Told them about OCDO, and asked if I could take a photo of their family to share here, but from behind so as to not get their faces and possibly put them in an uncomfortable position with acquaintances et al. I'll get the photo up soon.:)

Met FreeInAZ at the rally, and headed to a little place near the rally where some good food was enjoyed in a nice little family-run place that may be getting another visit from us OCers in the future (I'll be clearing it with the manager).:) Left the usual "Thank you for allowing lawful carry" card as well. Technically, we didn't grab seconds :)p)while there, but it was like having seconds of a RKBA event, so there.:lol:

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Here's a photo of the family (just remembered I hadn't posted this yet). This family was nice enough to pose for the camera after I explained how I am an OCer and told them about OCDO.:)

The self-described "momma bear" on the right was OC, and the papa bear on the left was CC, but wanted to OC for the photo.

Now tell me: What violent criminal* in their right mind would attack this well-armed family? I suppose the means of self-defense are unnecessary if one simply buries their head in the ground and hopes 3-7 minutes isn't long enough for a criminal to do any harm.:rolleyes:
OCing Mother and Father with their kids (2015-02-21 AZ rally).jpg

*Obviously, this is excluding those criminals who have shiny badges and look EXACTLY like LEOs, but show a general disdain for Rights of the People.