• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charleston Crab Shack hates gun owners.

John Canuck

http://m.abcnews4.com/default.aspx?...let-someone-in-with-a-gun?clienttype=rssstory

With regard to S 308 Restaurant Carry:

(John) Keener says no matter what, he has already made his decision in the matter. If the measure is passed, he says he fears backlash.

"I would say absolutely no guns in my restaurant at all, but then they would probably boycott you because you're a no-gun restaurant," he said.

What? That is about the dumbest thing ever written by a business owner. You tell people you don't want them in your restaurant, then blame them when they don't come?

I'll be sending him an e-mail informing him my business goes elsewhere... nicely of course

John@charlestoncrabhouse.com

MKEgal

John Canuck said:
That is about the dumbest thing ever written by a business owner.
You tell people you don't want them in your restaurant, then blame them when they don't come?
He says he doesn't want our business, we respect his wishes for his privately-owned property, we tell our friends so they don't waste time driving there, hoping to have a meal...
How is the decrease in business the fault of anyone other than the restaurant owner?
But logic doesn't apply when they operate on emotion.

they can drink in the parking lot before them come in and be drunk with a gun and then it becomes our problem
What sort of a place is this, where his customers pre-drink in the parking lot?
Besides, this could happen anywhere, & it doesn't.

"We have to decide on who can we serve alcohol to because he has a gun or it could be a concealed gun and we don't know he has a gun."
If someone is OC, it's pretty easy not to serve them 'cause it's illegal.
Someone cc & drinking could happen today, even though it's illegal.

creating a problem putting alcohol and guns together
Did he just not read the bill, or does he not understand that laws prevent crime?
People who are armed would not be allowed to drink alcohol at the restaurant.
It can't be much more clear than that.

"If they want the guns they can leave them in the cars."
:banghead: Why do people persist in thinking that LACs would want to visit their establishment when they've made their wishes clear - LACs are not welcome.

Here's the feedback form:
http://m.abcnews4.com/FeedbackForm.html?pid=1959

John Canuck

"We have to decide on who can we serve alcohol to because he has a gun or it could be a concealed gun and we don't know he has a gun."

He makes a dumb argument here (one of many). He is not required to not serve someone carrying a gun, the gun carrier is required not to drink (under the proposed law).

After some back and forth with him, he seems stuck on the notion that if carrying in a restaurant is no longer a crime, those that didn't break the law before will go crazy and break other laws now.

I've asked him a couple of times how he knows there isn't someone sitting at his bar right now getting drunk with a gun in his pocket. No answer.

OC for ME

<snip> I've asked him a couple of times how he knows there isn't someone sitting at his bar right now getting drunk with a gun in his pocket. No answer.
No answer because it is a restaurant industry secret that can not be divulged to the general public. but, they know......oh yeah, they know.

Z1P2

I ate there two years ago. It was the worst seafood I've ever had. The place was dead too. I think my wife and I were the only one's there. The locals have already figured out that it's completely flavorless, but they still exist because tourists like we were don't know any better and they can still prey on the ignorance of tourists.