• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlottesville ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryclubjoe

The President today in his news conference denounced the KKK, Neo-nazi, and white supremacist, calling them repugnant.

I personally have a few different adjectives for describing such scum bags however repugnant will do for now..

Finally, I get to agree with our CIC...

My .02
CCJ

countryclubjoe

" No one ought to harm another in his life,health, liberty or possessions"-- John Locke

" The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

" History is the only register of crimes and misfortunes". Voltaire

" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life , Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".. Paragraph number 2 of The Declaration of Independence.

If we endeavor to promote and move open carry into main stream America, we must openly denounce and repudiate firmly any support of racist hate groups. My .02

CCJ

Fallschirjmäger

I would say that WW is a serious poster... Yet you have no opinion on his post number 8.. You either support his position or you oppose..
Please step up to the plate and be counted..

My .02
CCJ
1) I agree with your assessment re WW.
2) I never stated that I had 'no opinion on his post #8'.
3) Yes, I either do or do not approve or oppose. Which is it or isn't, is something I'll share on my terms, not just to satisfy someone's sophomoric amusements.

There is a third possibility, one you seem to be unaware of. That's the possiblility that I care as much about the conflict between theese two groups just as much as you care about the conflict between the Ovimbundu and Kimbundu which has killed thousands over the years. Surely you have some strong opinion on the Ovimbundu v. Kimbundu conflict?

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

1) I agree with your assessment re WW.
2) I never stated that I had 'no opinion on his post #8'.
3) Yes, I either do or do not approve or oppose. Which is it or isn't, is something I'll share on my terms, not just to satisfy someone's sophomoric amusements.

There is a third possibility, one you seem to be unaware of. That's the possiblility that I care as much about the conflict between theese two groups just as much as you care about the conflict between the Ovimbundu and Kimbundu which has killed thousands over the years. Surely you have some strong opinion on the Ovimbundy v. Kimbundu conflict?

Surely you are free to start a thread and we can discuss the Ovimbundy v Kimbunu conflict.

CCJ

OC for ME

Familiarize yourself with the term ' Glory Suit"".. Then you shall solve your wonderment.

What are your thoughts on the brilliant solution espoused by WW?.

My .02
CCJ
You did state, in a different thread, that you take no issue with a private citizen displaying these statues on their private property. You also stated your opinion of those who would display these statues. You denigrate those who recommend a very similar solution to the statue issue. Another data point to reconfirm that you are a agent provocateur.

countryclubjoe

You did state, in a different thread, that you take no issue with a private citizen displaying these statues on their private property. You also stated your opinion of those who would display these statues. You denigrate those who recommend a very similar solution to the statue issue. Another data point to reconfirm that you are a agent provocateur.

I have no issue with folks wanting to put statues on their private property.. If they feel to advertise that they support racism that is their right.

Robert E lee will always be remembered as a "racist icon".. An of course a loser.. Someone desiring a statue of Lee on their property in my humble opinion is also a loser...

If denouncing racism and nazism makes me an agent provocateur, so be it, I prefer the latter.

My .02
CCJ

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Trump did not mention BLM, environmentalists, anarchists, SPLC, or the ACLU in today's remarks.
You forgot to mention Southern Poverty Law Center, mad mommies and Russia.

There are belligerents, combatants, civilians and neutrals, but lets not forget about instigators. I learned at a very young age that life isn't fair.

countryclubjoe

You forgot to mention Southern Poverty Law Center, mad mommies and Russia.

There are belligerents, combatants, civilians and neutrals, but lets not forget about instigators. I learned at a very young age that life isn't fair.

I don't think any of those groups NOT mentioned killed that young woman, her killer is a self described neo-nazi.. DJT finally denounced white supremacy, KKK and Neo-nazi's. May be he is starting to listen to his Daughter as opposed to listening to that corpulent racist Steve Bannon.

My .02
CCJ

OC for ME

I have no issue with folks wanting to put statues on their private property.. If they feel to advertise that they support racism that is their right.

Robert E lee will always be remembered as a "racist icon".. An of course a loser.. Someone desiring a statue of Lee on their property in my humble opinion is also a loser...

If denouncing racism and nazism makes me an agent provocateur, so be it, I prefer the latter.

My .02
CCJ
Deflecting (ignoring) my point in the post you quoted is noted. WalkingWolf's post was not about he displaying statues on his property. This is why you are a agent provocateur.

Shall we review?
I have a simple solution to the statue controversy. Sell the statues to private persons to erect on private property. The cities, and states make some money, and the snowflakes have to still see the statues, and there would be nothing they could do, but close their eyes.

Also for every statue taken down, put up 10 billboards with image of the statue. This nonsense would stop fast. (WalkingWolf)

And again a review.
... You denigrate those who recommend a very similar solution to the statue issue. Another data point to reconfirm that you are a agent provocateur. (OC for Me)

utbagpiper

Banned
I have a simple solution to the statue controversy. Sell the statues to private persons to erect on private property. The cities, and states make some money, and the snowflakes have to still see the statues, and there would be nothing they could do, but close their eyes.

Also for every statue taken down, put up 10 billboards with image of the statue. This nonsense would stop fast.

This is probably the most workable solution. It is a shame it seems to be coming to this. But even here we have at least one person who actually condemns Washington and Jefferson because they happened to own slaves.

I really think what we are seeing is the continued effort to effect cultural genocide on the Southern people. This appears, to me, to be one prong of a larger attack on any number of cultural traits that are now offensive to radical, atheistic, left wingers.

Here in Utah, a federal judge ruled that the State could not erect crosses along highways to mark where Highway Patrol Troopers lost their lives because atheists and the court saw the cross as a religious symbol and thus a violation of the anti-establishment clause. I think this is silly in any location but it is notable that in Utah the majority religion doesn't use the cross in its architecture, worship, or personal decorating or fashion at all. In Utah, to most Utahns, the cross really is very much a purely secular symbol to memorialize the fallen.

Presumable, some other memorial that had never had any religious connection would have been acceptable. But when driving down the freeway, a large cross with a name on it is very clearly understood. I don't know what else except some gaudy billboard would similarly convey the same unambiguous message.

So, in the wake of the ruling, several private property owners have donated small plots of land near freeways and other major roads to host these memorials.

On the one hand the memorials are still on public display and the haters have little choice but to drive past them just as they always did (or never actually did since most all of them have never set foot in Utah before). On the other hand, a judge over-ruled the will of 95%+ of the population and appeased a very small, radical, out-of-State group whose goal is enforce atheism as the official state religion in this nation.

If the sale of small plots of parks or road medians to private, historic societies could survive a single round through the courts, the public display of the monuments would be protected for generations.

Washington, Jefferson, Lee, Davis, Lincoln, and others were great leaders of the peoples of this nation. It is entirely appropriate to memorialize the good they did despite whatever views, words, or deeds were racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive by our current standards.

It is a real shame to see American citizens acting like ISIS fanatics in terms of wanting to rewrite history or erase any memory of those whom they deem inappropriate.

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
Since when is standing up to literal armed Nazis a politically extreme position?

When a 3 year old throws a tantrum, sensible adults tend to ignore her until she stops. That is the right course to take with pin-headed racists as well. Deny them any attention and their march results in nothing. As it is, a bunch of people create a volatile and target rich environment and one terrorist took advantage.

Racists have every right to speak, publish, and peacefully march, as well as to legally and peacefully bear arms. Your characterization of them as "literal [sic] armed Nazis" implies that merely exercising their 2nd amendment rights while exercising their 1st amendment rights makes their otherwise lawful, peaceful conduct violent or dangerous. Be careful with that because you've admitted that you were also armed while protesting. Were/are you and your associates inherently dangerous or violent?

If I expect there will be trouble somewhere, my first reaction is not to go armed, not to go armed with a bigger crowd or more powerful guns. My first reaction is to avoid the situation entirely. One no more needs to "stand up" to a peaceful march by small minded racists than one needs to "stand up" to a gay pride parade or an Independence Day parade. If one doesn't care to participate or support--and sensible folks do not participate in nor support racists--then one simply stays away for a couple of hours.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
When a 3 year old throws a tantrum, sensible adults tend to ignore her until she stops. That is the right course to take with pin-headed racists as well. Deny them any attention and their march results in nothing. As it is, a bunch of people create a volatile and target rich environment and one terrorist took advantage.

Racists have every right to speak, publish, and peacefully march, as well as to legally and peacefully bear arms. Your characterization of them as "literal [sic] armed Nazis" implies that merely exercising their 2nd amendment rights while exercising their 1st amendment rights makes their otherwise lawful, peaceful conduct violent or dangerous. Be careful with that because you've admitted that you were also armed while protesting. Were/are you and your associates inherently dangerous or violent?

If I expect there will be trouble somewhere, my first reaction is not to go armed, not to go armed with a bigger crowd or more powerful guns. My first reaction is to avoid the situation entirely. One no more needs to "stand up" to a peaceful march by small minded racists than one needs to "stand up" to a gay pride parade or an Independence Day parade. If one doesn't care to participate or support--and sensible folks do not participate in nor support racists--then one simply stays away for a couple of hours.
+1

If you go looking for a fight, the odds are you will find one.

OC for ME

Meet Henry and Wanda Sandoz—Caretakers of the Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial Cross

Henry Sandoz was a friend of Riley Bembry—a World War I veteran and one of the founders of the memorial. Riley Bembry took care of the cross until his death in 1984. Shortly before his passing, he asked Henry to care for the memorial. From that time, Henry and his wife, Wanda, faithfully looked after the cross.

https://firstliberty.org/cases/mojavedesertmemorialcross/
Been done before.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Familiarize yourself with the term ' Glory Suit"".. Then you shall solve your wonderment.

What are your thoughts on the brilliant solution espoused by WW?.

My .02
CCJ

WW- Great Advice! Those statues would indeed enhance the architectural beauty of those DOUBLE-WIDES.. You are an architectural genius!

Regarding the 10 billboards, who do you feel should fit the bill for the advertising of said images on the billboards? May be the snowflakes?

How many statues do you have on your property?.. How many " GLORY SUITS do you own?..

WW--- I so look forward to your next brilliant solution for eliminating the (nonsense-hate). You deserve a ' Humanitarian" award for your brilliant suggestions.:roll eyes:

CCJ

I did not.. His words are self explanatory.. I simply posed some questions .

Where in my post did I call anyone a KKK member?

CCJ

Yes, you did. re: "Glory Suits"
See https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...ews/images/kkk_modern_attire.jpg&action=click

utbagpiper

Banned
+1

If you go looking for a fight, the odds are you will find one.

The media has long figured this out when it affects their bottom line. When someone runs onto a football field to disrupt play, the cameras cut to the booth and the commentators explain there is a disruption on the field that will not be given any exposure. Turns out lots of college kids would streak naked across a football field and bear the costs of a misdemeanor disorderly conduct or public lewdness conviction to get their face or whatever poster they were carrying broadcast on national TV for a few seconds. With zero chance to get those few seconds of air time, with the media effecting a virtual blackout of any court proceedings, far fewer people will disrupt games. The media's ad revenue is secure.

But when it comes to mass shootings, to racists parading around looking like fools, to counter-protestors being stupid, to idiots burning the US flag, or to a host of other bad conduct, the media is more than happy to stoke the flames and enjoy the ratings boost. Their revenue is precious. Innocent lives put at risk by encouraging copy cat crimes or by increasing the risk of violence at various events is far less important to the media than is their revenue.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Since when is standing up to literal armed Nazis a politically extreme position?

It is when one is standing up WITH those literally AS BIGOTED and REPULSIVE as those on the OTHER extreme.

ANYONE who determines the worth or value of another HUMAN based only on the pigment of the skin they were born with are BIGOTS and in the wrong.

Please note: I have not said a person is not entitled to their opinion---- no matter how wrong that opinion may be!

Status
Not open for further replies.