• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlottesville ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryclubjoe

When a 3 year old throws a tantrum, sensible adults tend to ignore her until she stops. That is the right course to take with pin-headed racists as well. Deny them any attention and their march results in nothing. As it is, a bunch of people create a volatile and target rich environment and one terrorist took advantage.

Racists have every right to speak, publish, and peacefully march, as well as to legally and peacefully bear arms. Your characterization of them as "literal [sic] armed Nazis" implies that merely exercising their 2nd amendment rights while exercising their 1st amendment rights makes their otherwise lawful, peaceful conduct violent or dangerous. Be careful with that because you've admitted that you were also armed while protesting. Were/are you and your associates inherently dangerous or violent?

If I expect there will be trouble somewhere, my first reaction is not to go armed, not to go armed with a bigger crowd or more powerful guns. My first reaction is to avoid the situation entirely. One no more needs to "stand up" to a peaceful march by small minded racists than one needs to "stand up" to a gay pride parade or an Independence Day parade. If one doesn't care to participate or support--and sensible folks do not participate in nor support racists--then one simply stays away for a couple of hours.

Rosa Parks should have kept sitting at the back of that bus... Doctor King is surely rolling over in his grave..

White Supremacist do not understand the term "peaceful march", if you don't stand against them, then you stand with them.

I had two Uncles die fighting the Nazi's, in your view they should have stayed home..

When the Anti's come and protest gun rights in Utah, will you stay home and hide under the covers like a coward, I would hope not.

CCJ

countryclubjoe

WW stated that folks could purchase the statues, I asked how many statues do you own and how many glory suits do you own.

Meaning, did he ever purchase said items for his own private use..

If I were going to label him or anyone a KKK , surely I would know how to articulate my statement..

Please recall that I had no problem labeling you a " statist".. I speak my heart, I done hide under the covers.. That being said, thank you for your reply even tho it is full of conjecture.

My .02
CCJ

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

When did you stop beating your wife?

Charles, please go hide under the covers.. Ill let you know when it is safe to come out.

" The human race is a race of cowards, and you are not only marching in that procession but carrying a banner" Twain

Oh wait, I forgot, you don't march for a cause, you hide under the covers.

" We are all like chameleons, we take our hue and the color of our moral character from those who are around us" John locke

The so-called prim and proper one from Utah, now showing his true colors, like the chameleon.

My .02
CCJ

Last edited:

solus

moderator, as advocated by CoL and myself...this thread needs to be closed as the personal insults are beyond even my belief.

ipse

Fallschirjmäger

WW stated that folks could purchase the statues, I asked how many statues do you own and how many glory suits do you own.

Meaning, did he ever purchase said items for his own private use..

If I were going to label him or anyone a KKK , surely I would know how to articulate my statement..

Please recall that I had no problem labeling you a " statist".. I speak my heart, I done hide under the covers.. That being said, thank you for your reply even tho it is full of conjecture.

Can I call 'em or what? I knew Joe would claim he 'never called anyone a KKK member, he merely implied that a KKK member would own a 'glory suit'.

Just open this reply as a quote and you'll see where I said this is exactly what Joe would do.
I always wondered what they called those fancy bedsheets[ url=calling this now, joe's going to say he didn't call anyone a member of the KKK, he merely wondered out of curiosity how many suits of a certain type they owned.com].[/url]

countryclubjoe

Can I call 'em or what? I knew Joe would claim he 'never called anyone a KKK member, he merely implied that a KKK member would own a 'glory suit'.

Just open this reply as a quote and you'll see where I said this is exactly what Joe would do.

Indeed and I asked WW if he owned any statues or suits, to date he has not replied..

I own a baseball glove, said ownership does not mean I am a baseball player.. Again please point out where I directly called anyone a KKK member..

Dinner at Tybee beach?

My .02
CCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.