• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cherokee County

bc.cruiser

An alert from GRNC (not yet listed on website) lauds Cherokee County for doing away with the gun ban in most county buildings. Apparently, only the ban on concealed guns was deleted; OC still not allowed.

Anyone from Cherokee County familiar with this and can shed some light on it?

I think it's great that at least a minor correction is made, but I still don't like being discriminated against because I choose to OC.

http://reason.com/24-7/2014/01/03/cherokee-county-nc-allows-employees-to-t

Last edited:

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
GRNC doesn't give a flip about OPEN CARRY. They will not expend ANY political capital for the sake of open carry rights.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

solus

GRNC doesn't give a flip about OPEN CARRY. They will not expend ANY political capital for the sake of open carry rights.

+ 1 tho i might have capitalized the entire word 'FLIP' :banana:

ipse

bc.cruiser

I wonder what kind of replies this would have gotten if I had not included "GRNC". I received the alert from them, but nowhere in it did they claim any participation or credit. When GRNC has a hand in something like this, they make a point of saying so.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Bc, it's great if any org succeeds in the restoration of armed carry rights. I was just expressing my observation that OF COURSE open carry was not addressed in this effort because of GRNC's disdain of (bias against?) Open Carry.