• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Right not a Civil Right

Freedom1Man

actually you don't have the right to clothes,
SNIP

That statement is too far off the line.

You are REQUIRED by law to wear clothing in almost every city in this country. Then the government taxes you for following the law by taxing your clothing purchases. You can't tax a right, so buying clothing is taxed and thus not a right.

That is quite the scam.

sudden valley gunner

The case we are discussing is about civil rights so it does fall into the perview of the SCOTUS. Quoting a case that SCOTUS didn't take up has nothing to do with my point. SCOTUS decides on the cases they want to discuss, thus anything such as dealing with civil or even a buisness could fall under SCOTUS jurisdiction. They could us the Civil rights argument or the Commerce laws as the goverment uses for anytime they want to screw Americans.

Again I implore you to read what I wrote and your post I responded too. It isn't what you claimed in that post.....nice try though. ;)

SCOTUS decides on the cases it wants to hear, the reason wasn't because it was filed under state law only. They had other reasons and kicked it back to the state to figure out, just like they did this year with the California gay marriage isssue. They looked at the case and sent it back to the state without making a ruling. It was a way for SCOTUS to say we looked at it but we don't want to get in the middle of the debate. If the state goverment wants to go against the voters than that is their problem.

Uh not according to the myriad of resources talking about that case and dicta in that case.

Cases must meet jurisdictional requirements, according to well know attorney Shapiro, they turn down many cases even when lawyers try to evade the jurisdictional requirements by trying to slip in a federal cause.

Still waiting your constitutional cite though.....I won't hold my breath that would be hazardous to my health. I won't deny SCOTUS takes many powers upon itself that are unconstitutional, this doesn't make it right or even suggest we have to accept that they do.

Last edited:

DocWalker

You can't tax a right, so buying clothing is taxed and thus not a right.

That is quite the scam.

Well we have just learned that medical care isn't a right either, SCOTUS has determained it to be a tax even though obama said it wasn't. You are forced to have it and if you don't you will be taxed. I love how the IRS is involved with "turn-your-head-and-cough".

carolina guy

You are REQUIRED by law to wear clothing in almost every city in this country. Then the government taxes you for following the law by taxing your clothing purchases. You can't tax a right, so buying clothing is taxed and thus not a right.

That is quite the scam.

Well...partly true...you can make your own clothing, or get clothes as a gift and there is no tax involved.

This is like saying that they are taxing your speech because you pay taxes when you buy a megaphone, therefore speech is not a right.

Last edited:

DocWalker

Well...partly true...you can make your own clothing, or get clothes as a gift and there is no tax involved.

This is like say that they are taxing your right to free speech because you pay taxes when you buy a megaphone, therefore speech is not a right..

Ok we will give you cloths and megaphones.

But can you please explain how to get out of the new heathcare tax? Even if you don't go to the doctor you will still be taxed either by the IRS or when you (being forced) to buy heath insurance.

carolina guy

Ok we will give you cloths and megaphones.

But can you please explain how to get out of the new heathcare tax? Even if you don't go to the doctor you will still be taxed either by the IRS or when you (being forced) to buy heath insurance.

I suppose the easiest way to "avoid" this particular "tax" that our wonderful representatives in DC and their black robed accomplices bestowed upon us would be:

1) Get on welfare, or at least be below about 200% of the poverty level
2) Become 65+ years old and be on Medicare
3) Move to another country
4) Get the SOB's voted out and repeal the "law"

sudden valley gunner

This is like saying that they are taxing your speech because you pay taxes when you buy a megaphone, therefore speech is not a right.

+1

My philosophy is you never blame the victim for the acts of the aggressor. A person has the right not to be murdered, just because someone murders him does not make his right to life or not be murdered go away. Likewise the government only operates by force its theft of property in the form of taxes does not negate the right.

sudden valley gunner

I suppose the easiest way to "avoid" this particular "tax" that our wonderful representatives in DC and their black robed accomplices bestowed upon us would be:

1) Get on welfare, or at least be below about 200% of the poverty level
2) Become 65+ years old and be on Medicare
3) Move to another country
4) Get the SOB's voted out and repeal the "law"

Encourage nullification.

carolina guy

Although...

Perhaps the OP was onto something...after all, a natural right is not necessarily a civil right and vice versa.

papa bear

+1

My philosophy is you never blame the victim for the acts of the aggressor. A person has the right not to be murdered, just because someone murders him does not make his right to life or not be murdered go away. Likewise the government only operates by force its theft of property in the form of taxes does not negate the right.

you are absolutely right SVG. that is one of the rights pointed out by the declaration on independence

papa bear

That is quite the scam.

i don't think that there is laws in every state that says you have to wear clothes. most jurisdiction say you can't show you genitalia. this has been an argument for years and it is kind of like OC. a lot of LEO use their opinion

papa bear

Strategically placed holster, of course some of us would need to carry larger firearms with longer barrels......

good one DOC

How do you hide your genitalia while walking down the street?

it is harder for men then women. but it can be done

1moviebikini-gal-borat.jpg