• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Claremont police are scary

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sterile open carry. A beautiful concept.

Sometimes even better:

Sterile open carry with pocket constitution outlining 2nd A.

JBT Show me zee papers.

You: Pull out the constitution opened to the 2A page.

When he asks what this is, show him the 5th and say nothing!

You said a pocketful there. :D

doobie

In most states, "concealed" is defined as "not readily identifiable as a firearm".

New Hampshire doesn't define openly carried or concealed carry for that matter. I once had an officer think my flashlight was a concealed pistol....so they stopped me for carrying 'two pistols'

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
New Hampshire doesn't define openly carried or concealed carry for that matter. I once had an officer think my flashlight was a concealed pistol....so they stopped me for carrying 'two pistols'

WTF?

Is carry of more than one gun restricted by statute (no BUG) or was this just more "make it up as we go along from the local constabulary?"

doobie

WTF?

Is carry of more than one gun restricted by statute (no BUG) or was this just more "make it up as we go along from the local constabulary?"

No, it was a fact of police harassing "someone" because of "sheep" got scared. I've since carried and AR-15 pistol, Sig 239, and S&W 500 w 8 5/8" barrel in Concord, due to the above.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I do not know anything about NH law, just as appears to be the case with LilRedMeanie. In my home state, Ky., if a gun is visible to common observation and can be identified as a gun it is, by statue, not concealed. Many outside the waistband holsters cover just as much of the gun as some inside the waistband holsters. Are those also concealed in NH?

As is the case in Virginia where "visible to common observation" is the primary test.

I am not personally well schooled in NH gun laws either and it does not appear that there is anyone else here who is so cognizant of statute and case law in NH as to be able to give specific cite(s). Unfortunately, until such is established, people will quote unreliably from what instructors, LEOs, the guy at the gun shop and others opine. At the very least, we are left with the generalized accepted opinion that NH is an OC friendly state, but will have to determine how to accomplish this on our own, borrowing somebody else's version of "common sense."