• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clearer Instructions

neuroblades

There was a bit of confusion at the Cabela’s Sporting Goods store yesterday morning. When I was ready to pay for my purchases of gunpowder and bullets, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."
Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control whackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card-reader.

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.
They need to make their instructions to us seniors a little clearer!

I STILL DON'T THINK I LOOKED THAT BAD. *LOL*

Last edited:

Brian D.

What would really amaze me is if Cabelas opens a store in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area.....

Cabela's did take a hard look at acreage in the CincyTucky area a few years ago. One spot was that farmland near the south end of Mall Rd. in Florence. Supposedly the owner turned down a big-dollar number for his property.

But now that there's a Cabela's in Columbus Oh. and Louisville Ky. I sort of imagine that's plenty of saturation for them. Many potential customers are willing to make a 100 mile trip to shop Cabela's.