• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado carry with PA and Utah license

solus

Might i inquire if OC or CC as well as where ?

Only caveat I am sure you might need to beware of is no OC in Denver & Denver County and surrounding communities on the perimeter whose LEs wish to push the association of Denver’s ban.

Alternatively CO only recognizes PA resident permits/licenses

Further handgunlaw.us states, “Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in Colorado”

Final, are you flying? If so flying out of DIA you will check your bag w/your firearm(s) with the carrier who then hands your bag to a baggage handler [read foreign national] to take it for inspection by TSA, who then hands you bag back to the baggage handler to put on a luggage belt. FOLLOW YOUR BAG!

From personal DIA experience, the handler ‘walked fast” [ran] to TSA, then took my bag from the agent and quickly headed to the front door w/my luggage instead of the airline counter i was flying on. When i hollared at him he turned and stopped abruptly and quickly dumped the bag down a another airline’s belt, turned and said ~ what? Of course no name tag on the individual nor LEs around to register a complaint.

Enjoy your holiday in CO.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yeah! Joy! Finally, after some three years, a post in the Colorado Forum!

(cough) Ok! Uh... Not a comprehensive list (just to the best of my memory):

Places where you can NOT OC:

- Denver County (synonymous with City of Denver). This includes the roadways leading to Denver International Airport and the airport itself.

- Public transportation (trains and buses)

- Public Libraries

- Within 1,000' of K-12 and higher education schools -- and there are schools all over the place, so use Google Maps and avoid 'em all

- Anywhere it's posted that OC or CC is prohibited, and yes, postings carry the weight of law. Violation is tresspass

- Courtrooms, Federal Buildings, Most Hospitals and ERs, Law Enforcement buildings, and anywhere there's a metal detector.

Exceptions:

- You can OC in your vehicle anywhere you can legally drive your vehicle, even in Denver county, but you still cannot OC in your vehicle on K-12 schools (federal law).

As for CC: "Under Colorado law another state must honor Colorado's CCW permit before Colorado will honor the other states permit. Section CRS 18.12.213 of the law prevents Colorado from honoring any out-of-state Non-Resident permits, even if there is a reciprocity agreement between the states."

Here's the best reciprocity link I've found, but user beware: https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/colorado-gun-laws/